Benz ace, low lack of warness? any suggestion for a warmer cart?

jazzbeq

Good Day,

i have a benz ace, as acurate as the benz are, the seems sounds is very clean, but lack of warmness?

I am searching for a warmer cart to use with my laScala? with Benz, never been able to listen more than 2 records, before listening fatigue appears?

Use to have a 103, does the 103R is a big improvement?

Regards, Chris

I think the 103 is a very warm somewhat lush sounding cart. I found the 103R to be similar only with more detail. I liked the 103R very much. I have the zu audio version of the 103R and am very satisfied. Of couse the combination of arm and cartridge is of utmost importance. To use the zu 103R or the the 103R or 103 you should have a higher mass tonearm for best results. I replaced a Shetler 901 with the zu 103R and have not looked back.

Josh

Consider sending your 103R to Zu for modding sometime down the road. I took the good advice of Josh and others and couldn't be more pleased. It's very musical and extremely detailed at the same time. I won't pretend it bests my Transfiguration Temper, but I've never heard a better sounding cart for that kind of money. Not even close.