La Scala - Belle

CIGARBUM

lascala is crossover at 5000hz and 400hz, has a k-400 horn, uses AA, AL, AL-3, and AL-4 crossover, has a channel that restricts bass above 600hz.

Belle is crosover at 5000hz and 500hz, has a k-500 horn, uses AA, AB, AB-2 crossover, has a clear fold which does not have the restriction the LaScala has.

I don't know where you can read about it...in the LaScala, it's the 8" or so section of the dog house exit chamber that does not expand...it's a straight channel, one on each side of the LaScala dog house. The channels were needed to provide enough space internally inside the dog house for the woofer magnet clearence. This is what causes the voice rumble at higher volumes if you use an AA network.

In the belle, since the cabinet is wider than the LaScala, the channel was not needed and the woofer fits with no problem.

The channel restricts the lascala bass bin from performing at 600hz and above. In the belle, since there is no rstriction, the belle bass horn can easily do 700hz.

What is the difference between these two???????????

CB you buy the LaScalas and when I bring the Belles up we'll compare. I had never heard either until I got these. BTW, I'm thinking that since I have Al's horns and crossovers on order that perhaps I should wait until I get them, leave in boxes and them you and I can install one at a time and debate the effect.

SEEGARBUM is just too long to type you are now known to my family as CB.

Take a look at the two straigh channels one on each side of the dog house. With out these two channels, you could not get a woofer in the dog house, and even if you could, you would not be able to bolt it down.

The channels only serve to add clearence so the woofers can be installed.

The channels add no value from and audio perspective, and actually muffles bass bin output in the 600hz area.

post-22082-13819419102916_thumb.jpg

USNRET

But if I buy the la scala's and I like the belle's better, I'll steal yours

CB

Isn't it a little early for that bottle? Nah, it's Friday..which means that as soon as the boy gets off the XBOX I can fire up the vinyl.

hey Tom, which way does that 1K note go?