Need help with Parts ID

Rockets

I have collected over the years some "parts" that one day when I found the time...well the time has come. I need to build up a pair that I can use on an outdoor deck. I will probably end up using marine plywood, so sonically they won't come close to matching OEM, but then again I would not dare leave a reference speaker outdoors.

Anyway, could any of you knowlegeable members help me out by telling me what some of these parts originally came out of?

I have two 8" woofers that are marked KP-1128.

I also have two crossovers that are marked on the PCB, KP-3.6A For some reason I think these may come out of a Tangent, but can't swear to it.

One more question, what diameter is the port on the back of the RF-35? And are there two of them?

Any help would be appreciated.

THANKS!

Edit:

Ok, I just figured out the woofers came out of some RB-35's. I could still use some help on the KP-3.6A crossover, and the size of the ports used on the R*-35 series speakers.

THANKS

LOL! Thanks Jim. I haven't forgotten about you, I'm still buried like most folks. Took me close to 3 months to do a three day job of laying tile. Crap, I'll bet I didn't take my Hobie out but once this summer.

I did steal a set of LaScala's for $800...which I intend to mod w/ some new crossovers, 2404's, 511E's and Altec 290's...maybe next year[:'(] I've got the tools, parts, wood, and veneer..but no #$%^& time. A couple of years ago I bought one of these http://www.core77.com/blog/featured_items/the_ez_smart_woodworking_system_10777.asp to use on the mod rather than a table saw. Check it out.

That network is out of a pro speaker, the KP 301II, which is a 15" three way design. Do they have the input jack cup with them? I'd maybe consider buying them from you.

Your identification of the woofer is correct. The RB35 would have had a single wide oval port on the FRONT of the speaker. Go to the Search engine and type RB-35 to see a photo of it.

LOL! Thanks Jim. I haven't forgotten about you, I'm still buried like most folks. Took me close to 3 months to do a three day job of laying tile. Crap, I'll bet I didn't take my Hobie out but once this summer.

I did steal a set of LaScala's for $800...which I intend to mod w/ some new crossovers, 2404's, 511E's and Altec 290's...maybe next year[:'(] I've got the tools, parts, wood, and veneer..but no #$%^& time. A couple of years ago I bought one of these http://www.core77.com/blog/featured_items/the_ez_smart_woodworking_system_10777.asp to use on the mod rather than a table saw. Check it out.

Have you used this system to make compound angle cuts, as required for most horns? I'd be interested to read youir experiences with it.

Thanks!

I've only made straight cuts thus far, and the tool worked as advertised. Much easier than using a table saw. Using this tool, you line the track up on your cut line w/o any offset and that's where the saw cuts! The fence on my table saw is horrible...nothing ever comes out straight. I think making the compound cuts would require another clamp or jig to allow you to cut the board on end or perpendicular to the guide track. The manufacturer probably sells that as an accessory. Maybe there's another way to do it, but I haven't spent the time to think that hard about it yet.

MIKE!! Thanks for coming through with the info. The crossovers do not have the cups, just wires w/ the female spade lug connectors. If you think you still might want them let me know as I probably won't use them. Originally I was looking at making a 3 way system, but I'm leaning more toward a two way now. If you need a pic. let me know.

I have another question. Do you know what the lowest usable frequency that the K-103-TI can be used? Are they 8 ohm? At present I have a choice between them, or a pair of K-152's. Any preference??? I’m not looking to make a clone of the RF-35, but just something that will sound decent outside and will be able to take the salt air and weather. Originally, I was kicking around the idea of making CornScala derivative, but the Community horns I was going to use would make for a strange looking combo with a Cornscala base. The other thing that turned me off was the idea of weather proofing the K33.

THANKS

TC