Adding an avatar

m82a1pa

How does one add an avatar? I've tried tiny, small and medium pictures in gif and jpg. After browsing to the picture on my computer, I click the update button. The screen goes elsewhere to a black screen then comes back with the URL filled in. I click on save, and I'm informed that it's not a valid URL. It can't be that hard. Thanks.

I've been trying to change mine for several weeks now but get a Forum Not Found error everytime I try to edit my profile. I think it was pretty easy to add an avatar or update an avatar I just haven't been alble to get to where I can for a while now.

I just tried it and it worked for me.

I clicked on enable avatar, uploaded a file, clicked on save, at this point I did not think it was working and looked at my profile still no change. I went again to AVATAR and had to enable again I clicked on "save" again and it was working.

Well, I'm just baffled. I'm using jpg's. I've resized them from 200x200 down to 90x90.

And the picture size is from 4k to 1.5k.

I browse to the picture I want to use, and the path is shown in the 'Upload Avatar' box.

I click the radio button for 'Enable Avatar'

Then I click the 'Update' button.

The screen swiches and goes black, coming back in a few seconds.

The 'Avatar URL' is filled in with: users/avatar.aspx?userid=33161&lastmodified=633617281124125687.

When I click on the 'Save' button I get a message at the top of the form that says:

'Please correct the following problems:'

'Web Address is not a valid URL'

• Moderators

I click the radio button for 'Enable Avatar'

Then I click the 'Update' button.

The screen swiches and goes black, coming back in a few seconds.

You should not have to do this step. I've checked your account, and this option was disabled for you by default, but I'm not sure why. I have enabled it--please try again, skipping this step, and let me know if you have any trouble.

Thanks!