A surprising hole in Ebay

Daddy Dee

I found this interesting. In my e-mail this morning I had an email from Ebay which informed me that an item I had bid on had been removed from Ebay. That is something that I've seen before and usually indicates there was something amiss in the description, copyright problems or whatever.

What is interesting is that this is an item that I purchased with BIN. The listing and my purchase has ceased to exist on Ebay. I'm not too worried about that, because the record of the transaction wiped clean on Ebay still exists on Paypal. Thus, I will have recourse if the seller doesn't ship.

Anyone ever run across this issue? It's a new one on me.

happy result. The seller shipped the same day as I paid, so the items are on the way.

Interesting seller conflict with Ebay. The seller is www.speakerrepair.com. They use their ebay ID as a watermark on their pics. They say that Ebay will only allows username as watermark, but also forbids using a web address as a watermark. Catch-22.

www.speakerrepair.com is great I bought some of their banana plugs I was very happy with the quality, really nice.

I have had ebay close bidding on Klipsch speakers I was bidding on a couple times, it had something to do with the photos used in the ads as well.

I bought my RC-7 on ebay and ebay had closed the sellers ad. Luckily I had already gotten the sellers email so I just bought direct from him. He was local and personally delivered the speaker (mint condition) which made me happy not to deal with shipping,

I've had that happen before and the seller came through. I had an increible scary thing happen to me on ebay. The RF 82's I purchased were stolen from the warehouse. WHen I got the call after two weeks of no speakers i got nervous. Then the guy says I don't have any more 82's but I can sell u rf-83's at cost. We haggled and made the deal.

I came out on the good side for once. Only paid $1,200 for brand new RF-83's. Karma is a *****, Klipsch is cool.