klipsch bass...ick

Talon

I dunno...I didnt know whether or not to accept it as the way it was supposed to sound but Klipsch bass is really f'n pissin me off. It sounds fine with movies, but when it comes to music, some low notes just udderly make me shudder with the sound coming from the subs...it seems to be blurbing out these annying, ear-piercing frequencies...do you all experience the same? I got the 4.1s, hence me being in this forum section.

ear-piercing ehh???... i normally associate that description with high frequencies.... subwoofers don't make high frequencies....

i dont experience any of that crap... the bass in my music is just as good as it is in movies... it also depends where you sit when you listen to music... bass is weaker in some parts of a room...

give me a song title where you have this problem. i will test it out.

what are you your equalizers set at?

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Maybe your sub is bottoming out. It usually happens when the sub tries to play a frequency lower than it can handle at a loud volume. It results in a harsh noise caused by the cone hitting the cabinet (I think). Try turning your sub down.

This message has been edited by oogins on 02-04-2002 at 05:57 PM

the sub gain is at the dash mark, so im not pushing it. i usually associate highs with ear-piercing, but there's no other word to describe this. It hurts to listen to it. As for a song...it happens on a bunch of mp3s - maybe its the bitrate and the bass was f'd up. I use dfx5.0 for winamp as a type of EQ. Bass at 1 and dynamic boost at 4. But its tolerable...I'll live with it. I'm liking my Klipsch's more and more evryday.

Maybe its port noise? How loud do you play these things? I tested them out at best buy and with the sub at the dash it gave me some port noise. But i don't know why it would hurt your ears unless you are making the sub do volume levels which are tottaly unacceptable.

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

"You will see more quotes by me"

"Like this one"

"I wish i knew more on speakers,hey,im only 13!!"

Why is everybody always dissing BigBusa so much? I think he's funny. Even though i don't beleve anything he sais i still think all that Klipsch Bashing is funny.(Even though they don't deserve bashing.)

------------------

~You laugh because im diffrent,i laugh because your ugly~

GreenDay Rules!

"Im a newbie at anything physical,but i can talk alot"-Me

"I don't know why i visit these boards,i don't even own the promedias."

"You will see more quotes by me"

"Like this one"

"I wish i knew more on speakers,hey,im only 13!!"

quote:

Originally posted by AudioMan2703:

Why is everybody always dissing BigBusa so much? I think he's funny. Even though i don't beleve anything he sais i still think all that Klipsch Bashing is funny.(Even though they don't deserve bashing.)

because he is obnoxious and spreads lies, attacks people who buy klipsch promedia's, complains about stuff he has never owned, lies, did i mention lies? that is just a start..................

------------------

-justin

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 1-888-554-5665

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150

ProMedia 5.1 Placement Help s>

Hmmm, I have the Klipsch 4.1 too. I love them and I can't think why the bass would be bad unless something is wrong. Either witht he sub or with your setup. If it sounds fine in movies than you might be doing something wrong in your settings. Sure, sure, I could see the bass going a couple Hz lower, but not from a sub that size! However, If it did go lower my people probably wouldn't let me use it since it would travel rampantly through the house from my room upstairs.

------------------

I wish I had a space ship.