RB-35's question

Youthman

• Moderators

How would the RB-35's work for rears with my RF-83's and RC-7? I was considering getting a pair of the RB-61's but a guy has a pair of RB-35's cheap and they are basically brand new. The 35's have 8" woofers which is cool and are actually smaller in depth than the 61's. I'm thinking they would be a great buy. Any quick advice?

I bought a set of RS-35s for rears, had to install in-wall R-5800s to please my wife. RS-35s are still new in the box. Considering mounting them on stands for temporary side surround duty for "special" movie nights.

What kind of ballpark price are RB-35s going for? Wonder if they would work better for my side surrounds?

• Moderators

Awesome mounts bro! Thx. Do you have to drill into the speaker to secure it to the stand? I'm going to pick them up this afternoon when he gets home from work. He says they are "mint" condition, sound awesome and he can hook them up for me to listen. I think for $180.00 for the pair, that's a deal I cannot pass up.

Do you have to drill into the speaker to secure it to the stand?

No, they have clamps on the sides with a soft pad that will prevent the clamp from leaving any marks on the speakers.... $180 ??????? That is a great deal!! I purchased a pair of RB-35's on Audiogon last year for $250 and thought I was stealing them.. Great find and I'm sure you'll dig em...

• Moderators

$180 ??????? That is a great deal!!

That's what I thought too. I wasn't sure what they were going for. I was going to buy a pair of RB-61's. They were going to cost me $280.00/pair plus tax and shipping. So that would have put me around $350.00 so $180.00 for a like new pair of RB-35's seemed like a great deal to me. Now I just need a pair of RS-52's or RS-62's to complete my 7.1 speaker setup. I should be able to get my projector and screen in Feb with tax refund.

as far as speaker mounts go i did something interesting....

i went to lowes and there were these huge L brackets. i don't know the part number but they are big, heavy, and around $5 each. so you need $20 to do both rears. i mounted them to the wall in an inverted way, this way with the speakers on the stands you don't see them. once the ht set up is done i will post pics.

i at least thought it was a cheap neat way of placing the rear surrounds.

• Moderators

I picked up the RB-35's tonight. They were the real deal. Super nice guy. He had some vintage gear (35 watt/ch Fisher Tube receiver). He let me hear them on it. It was pretty sweet. His sister had bought him the RB-35's as a gift but he already had some smaller speakers (forget the brand) that he really liked so he had no need for the RB-35's. They were truly in mint condition! I don't even think they had fingerprints on them. [:D] Now I just have to find some RS-52's or RS-62's. I'm hoping I can find a sweet deal on them too. Being patient has truly paid off so far. Been gettting some really good deals on my HT gear. Thx for everyone's help and suggestions. I think they will work out great for rears.