Had To Check One Out For Myself

tom b. 57

Ever since you guys started praising the Oppo brand dvd players, I thought I might have to check one out for myself, to see what the deal is with these things. I picked up an older DV-970HD, lightly used of course, for the princely sum of $50.00. I had not incorporated it in to any of my two channel systems until last night when my Dennon 2910 decided to develop an issue with reading discs. I must admit, all though very good, the sound quality of this Oppo is not quite as good as the Dennon, but, It certainly didn't retail for near as much either. I have accumulated a couple of hours of listening time with this machine and have come to the feeling that it rivals my Pioneer dvd player that cost three times more, retail.

Oh, by the way, I only use my dvd players in a two channel setup so I can only comment on the experience in that realm.

Conclusion: A pretty good $50.00 investment and you guys actually do know what you're talking about.

Tom

my Dennon 2910 decided to develop an issue with reading discs.

I have had that problem with every Denon cd player I've had (3). Never had that problem with my Denon DVD player though. [:D]

Haven't heard an Oppo yet.......but I did just pick up a used Cambridge Audio 540d DVD player for $180.00. I use it for two-channel.......very nice unit.....very nice sound.

Congrats on the score. [Y]