synergy discontinued? can't find s3

hdgamerdude

so aside from not being authorized what else makes them shady?

Some of these companies will send you the wrong product when they don't have what you want in stock and give you such a hard time that most people give up before they ever get what they wanted. They will put the high pressure sale on you to buy their useless extended warranty. And when I say hard time I'm talking about threats and lies trying to force you to buy other product before you can return the original incorrect product. All of which are illegal tactics but that doesn't seem to stop these companies from doing it. I'd say their must be some lack of enforcement in NJ or lenient laws because they all(the really crappy online electronics dealers) do seem to be based out of there. Resellers rating.com can be your friend.

How do you describe the the sound difference between the series? I can't see synergy line needing to be any clearer...if anything the synergy series seems almost too detailed and slighly harsh... Is it possible to swap out the synergy parts with reference series? Just curious for tweaking reasons, curious how the different horn would sound lol

The fortes are not harsh at all. They still have all the detail but just a little richer. As far as tweeking the synergy with reference parts I would not. Now having said that the heresy are not reference, they are heritage series, fortes are called by some extended heritage series.. Completely different animal.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Figured if you couldn't find the C3 then the C2 would also work for you. Same series , so even tones in the Front speakers. Rear Matching is not as improtant.

Vann's seems to be the most Reiable place for Synergy speaker selection............IMHO.

Good serivce and fair prices............

They brought in a new line- ICON Series that has more WAF and actually sounds better...........sold Thru Best Buy..............

The Majority of Folks on this form , have sold off there Synergy Line and moved up to either Reference series or took the Big Leap to Heritage.........

thus there are not allot of Synergy Followers now...............

Right now I've got the Quintet IIIs. I like them, but I realize the shortcomings. (I also have the SUB12, which was a bit much for those sats, but oh well.)

I was looking at some GREAT prices (I'm sure you know where) for the B3s/C3, and was thinking about upgrading just because of the great price. I mean, $380 for two B3s and a C3 shipped seems good to me, and I would wait for a good deal on the S2s or look around for some S3s somewhere. Do you think this is a bad move? Could I get more bang for my buck? I guess some of the Icon V series equivilants are closer in price, but are those better than the parts I'm listing above? Or maybe the RB-10/RC-10/RS-10? How do all these compare to each other? (As you can see, I'm trying to stay in the same price range for comparison sake here.)