Integrated vs. Monoblock

quote:

Originally posted by mobile homeless:

manuel sputters:
"I knew it! your way to make arguments denote it... ;-)"

I was a major in English.... yet I have no idea what the hell you are saying here. Seems to be some form of code for "the 2A3 must destroy brain matter."

kh

WHOA!!!! I was making a COMPLIMENT, I like the way you explain things, thats all... sputters?? that hurts man...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh.... yeah, I was just giving you a hard time. Actually, I had to ask my ole wife what the hell that meant as well. We were both scratching our heads... Hell, she has the Masters degree in English; I am only the lowly undergraduate! If only she could tie her shoe laces.... heh...

I have to get her on here...whip some of you feeble malcontents into shape! Indeed.

Hey Manuel, you know I sputter more than anyone! You should see me typing here now...I'm DROOLING for god sakes!

ps - Ornette Coleman is on the Cornwalls... Man,I love the winter on the coast; no one around! The sax is echoing off the cottage next door!

Doouugh...! of course {he says slapping himself in the forehead}

I just now got it. (like when hours later you start laughing at a punch line).

Yes, mobile,

the Chicken Sandwich scene in "Five Easy Pieces", is exactly the pair-of-dimes.

{see, you are Yoda}

I do with my Dynakit-70 what Jack Nicholson asks the waitress to do in order to get his coveted toast apparently not on the menu.

Starting with an order for Chicken Salad on Toast (original Dynakit-70) then hold the mayo, hold the lettuce, and hold the chicken (stripping out all the old parts in order to get to those transformeroonies). He then tells the waitress to hold the chicken between her knees (like buying NOS tubes on eBay)......huh?

tnx 4 the reminder...yes Ornette...I will now go dig out some of those nice old ones on Atlantic and see what they sound like. Just realized that audio upgrades is a good way to rejuvinate one's listening patterns. This is fun.

-here's johnny

cwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gifcwm32.gif

PS: when everything is fired up I could be running as many as 6 pairs of speakers. I do use a Rotel speaker selector RS-900 and that is how many swithches it offers. When I bought it , the audio guys in the store felt the selector would protect everything and make this madness possible (I could see their eyebrows raising tho). As of yet I have not had any problems with this so far either with the NAD, Carver, or even the Dynakit-70 which will be retired from this chore immediately since it is headed for major surgery and a consequent demotion of wattage in the process. Yes, I know I have been a bad boy, but soon I will have all my electrons lined up, and let the Carver do the multiple speakergasm dirty work. This big carver SS recvr actually sounds fine to me, just not anything special.

This message has been edited by Clipped and Shorn on 02-11-2002 at 05:40 AM

quote:

Originally posted by mobile homeless:

heh.... yeah, I was just giving you a hard time. Actually, I had to ask my ole wife what the hell that meant as well. We were both scratching our heads...

My mistake, as English is (obviously) not my first language, I guess sometimes is hard to understand me. Anyway, Im a philosopher and I was enjoying a lot another discussion (I think was on cables) where philosophy, politics and even religion came to the forum. You writed good posts there and when you said something about doing some philosphy (at least thats what I understood) it was like a kind of confirmation on why do we seem to agree on that topic.

Anyway, no hard feelings.