• Recent Posts

• Welp- may have spoken too soon here.  Last night I checked and found that there is no output from the tweeter at all...  opend it up, recheked and got 8.2 ohms on tweeter.       Found a free tone generator online and set up a 5000 hz tone, got nothing- bypassed the network and went straight to tweeter- yep, its working fine.   took the crossover off, brought it in, cleaned all the contacts with cleaner and brass brush- no change.   made a jumper wire and went point to point, at the stage where it goes to the first 2.uF cap, it has output at the solder joint, none on the other side; hmmmm ok.  Checked capacitance and it shows 2.01 uF.   ????   pulled out the soldering iron, re-flowed all the soldered points, no change.         Kept playing around and it just comes back to the 2.0 cap set, I have output from the tweeter if I touch the side coming from the terminal block, none on the other side of the cap.  Sure seems like the cap has gone bad but it reads 2.01 uF, which should mean its working?       Stumped.    of course no local shops that carry caps so its parts express I guess, but that is days aways and no sure answer.    Any suggestions?     
    • I do remember one thing It took hours and hours but By the time I was done with it I was so involved, I didn't know what to think I carried it around with me for days and days Playing little games Like not looking at it for a whole day And then.. Looking at it To see if I still liked it I did   I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat myself when under stress I repeat The more I look at it The more I like it I do think it's good The fact is No matter how closely I study it No matter how I take it apart No matter how I break it down It remains consistant I wish you were here to see it   I like it    
    • You guys  ^^^^^^^^ keep it up and Imma gonna have to fire up the rig cause I'm salivating!  😂
    • Ok the speakers are KB FB LF and as i did not hear back for days i went ahead and bought a can of Krylon satin black and it matched nicely on the fronts. 
    • Funny you mentioned this. I just saw this the other day.   
    • Klipsch market has become like the stock market. Ups and downs but the up prices are absurd. 
    • I agree with wuzzzer on all three counts. I have the lower-tiered A-S301 and I use the sub out on the amp into the LFE input on my subwoofer.   A shielded cable is good. Get something that's very flexible if you can, only because it's easier to route the cable. Be sure to get one with extra length to ease installation and moving the subwoofer around; a little slack is always welcome.   I have the SVS Subwoofer Isolation System on an SVS sub. The feet use standard, 1/4-20 threaded screws. The Klipsch manual doesn't say whether the feet on you sub are removal. If they're threaded on, you can always re-use the screws or get longer/shorter ones and any necessary washers. You could also just place the SVS feet under the existing feet without any modification, it will make it a hassle to move it around. I can say the SVS feet do reduce floor vibration.
    • I remember seeing David in concert at the then Oakdale in Wallingford CT, decades ago.   My seat was far back, and before the show began, a woman asked if we could switch seats so she could sit with her friend-I moved up to the fifth row!   I noticed David's flared pants were so long he was stepping on them!