Klipsch rc62 vs psb image c60???

Allstarmike

Hi guys i own a pair of RF-82 i know that the proper match for them is the RC62 but,,cant find a good deal in Canada, future shop sells the RF52(not the 62) for 570cad.I found a store that is selling the psb c60(two61/2- 1 inch tweet) for 400cad and was just wondering if anyone has any experience with this name brand or model and if this wood be a good match for my rf82 i see the spc sheet and for these and they look good but i dont think they are up there with klipsch.

1 more thing this psb center has front firring ports will this conflict with my rf82 rear firring ports ????

ps;i love my rf82's

Thank you [:D]

Allstar,

Welcome. The PSB is a very laid back speaker, and will not do a good job with Klipsch speakers!

For the Front speakers, you Must have all three speakers match Timbre wise for a clean, crisp sound.

80% of all the Voices in movies come thru the Center Channel.

Check with the store and see if they have the RC 52 setup with the 82's. See how it sounds.

Lastly just use your TV for now as a False center channel, save up, and spend the extra for the RC 62. You'll thank yourself later!.

http://www.klipsch.com/find-a-dealer/Default.aspx

Hi bill i do have a small center now it's a yamaha with two 3 1/2 's & 1"tweeter it's allmost like it's not there when watching a movie.I hope it's not a silly question but what does match timber wise mean ???. I have heard of a lot of people on this web site not happy with the rc52 rf82 combo that's why I was thinking find a center with two 61/2's.

Thank you sir !

Think of it like the delay you See when the lip movement doesn't match the voices.............it's this effect only just like your experiencing with your current center. You either don't Hear the voices, or the voices seem out of Sink with the other sounds your hearing............

Save up and get the RC 62, everything will flow smoothly around the sound stage with no delay. Plus you'll hear what the people in the show are saying.

That's not really what timbre is. You're talking about a Synchronization issue. That should not be a problem with different centers being fed by the same signals from the same receiver of amplifier. Timbre is described by Webster as:

"Timbre

In music, timbre (pronounced /'tæm-b?r'/, /t?m.b?r/ like tamber, or /'tæm(br?)/,[1] from Fr. timbre t?~b?) is the quality of a musical note or sound or tone that distinguishes different types of sound production, such as voices or musical instruments. The physical characteristics of sound that mediate the perception of timbre include spectrum and envelope. Timbre is also known in psychoacoustics as tone quality or tone color.

In other words, a voice or an instrument that sounds different on different speakers has a different timbre depending on the speaker. When speakers are mismatched, that is a problem than can be heard.

As the sound passes from one side to the other through the center, you will be able to hear the difference in timbre, if the speakers are not timbre matched.

• Moderators

If you have two front speakers that are not timbre matched to the center, when something pans from side to side, as it goes from say left to center, you might hear a slight difference in sound, then when it moves to the right speaker, again, you will hear a difference in sound. If the speakers are timbre matched, the transition will be smooth and seamless which is what you want. There should be no change in pitch, color etc as it moves from one speaker to the next.

Ok now that makes sense ! ,,,so wood you say that the only centers that are a timbre match for the rf82 are the rc52?,62,64?.Is this due two crossover frequency or will no 6 1/2 ever match the timber of the 61/2 in the rc62 and if thats the case then wouldn't a rc 82 (i know they dont make one)be even more perfectly timber mached ?

Hi bill even with the center i have now the voices do not seem out of sink with lip movement at all,but there is defiantly a big change in sound through the front three speakers,, this center i have is just not big enough sounding ! and just thought that the image c60 would do a lot better

No such store in Toronto,,man I wish there was maybe I'll take a drive over to buffalo and see if I can get a good price on a rc62 in some US store or something,,, I don't know,, it's kinda hard to find a fair price in Toronto and that's bs.Makes me think I got a good deal on my rf82's 800cad like new off some guy that had them for 1week and had to move he even put them back in the box for me :-).

The

Ok now that makes sense ! ,,,so wood you say that the only centers that are a timbre match for the rf82 are the rc52?,62,64?.Is this due two crossover frequency or will no 6 1/2 ever match the timber of the 61/2 in the rc62 and if thats the case then wouldn't a rc 82 (i know they dont make one)be even more perfectly timber mached ?

The only center that is timbre matched to the RF-82 is the RC-62. The RF-52 and the RC-64 are not. Some folks have reported good results with the RC-52, but I have never heard the combo, so I can't say for certain. But, I would go for the RC-62. BTW, that is my combo (RF-82s and an RC-62). The timbre matching is due to the construction of the horn tweeter. The construction and the sonic characteristics of the tweeter used in the RC-62 is the same as that used in the RF-62 and RF-82. The other two use tweeters that are different. I could go on, but, you get the idea.

Thanks jimmy now I understand,,man if klipsch had sales people with as much knowledge as some of the people on this web site they would sell five times the amount of products they are selling now,,but they probably couldn't afford you guys! ,,you should see the guys selling klipsch products in Canada for futureshop they have no knowledge at all,,it's like they just started working there yesterday unreal !

I'm just going to hold off and buy the rc62 sounds like the right move .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well guys I'm happy to say I have found a rc-62 from a dealer in Toronto for 500cad put my order in and it's coming in a few days man am I ever glad that I found one for a decent price I can't wait to hear what it sounds like.Future shop sells this unit for 745cad LOL !! . I just know it's going to blow that yamaha center away and match nicely with my rf-82s thanks for the help guys and for making me wait and make the right purchse !

Like someone stated earlier, make certain that you are buying from an authorized dealer, otherwise your warranty will be worthless because Klipsch won't honor it!!

You can check on the Klipsch web site to make certain that the dealer you are buying from is an authorized reseller.

Good luck! [:)]