Heard Khorns for 1st time since 1986-WOW

hobie1dog

They may not be Klipschorns, but these stacked KLF-30s in Germany probably make any recording sound like a live event in that room!

jim,

As I recal from that post, the poster had those 4 KLF-30s stacked on that end, plus two Velodyne HGS-18s although that picture depicts only one of them (I have a pair of those same subs in my system), but as I recall, that was the cheap end of the room. I don't specifically recal, but there was alot more money in higher end speakers at the other end of that little wooden room. Post was like at least 3 years back I think.

Roger

Since you seem to have the budget would be better spent on a pair of Jubilees with active electronics (commercial division) rather than 4 Khorns (less than $10,000 for the whole schmear). The Jubes have Two woofers in a more evolved horn design in the bass (Paul Klipsch Last Hurrah) and Roy Delgado's amazing K-402 "big horn) on top makes for a winning combo in a small space.

If you have the cash AND the space, for about $13,000 you can put together, in my opinion, the ULTIMATE and true flagship of the Klipsch line, the MCM-4-T theater speaker, which as a pair is about 8 feet tall, and weighs over 1/2 a ton. With it's double 15" bass horns, large midbass, large 402 (same as the jubilee with a smoother midrange driver), and large format tweeter, you can reach rock concert levels with relatively little power. I have something similar and feel that it's better than Klipschorns, which I owned for 30 years.........but it's still a Paul Klipsch design of epic porportions.

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/kpt-mcm-4-t-grand.aspx