Last Place

oldtimer

Yes in the western conference the stars are in last place, after making the conference finals last year. Sure they started the year off without key players Zubov and Lehtinen, Lehtinen came back and got hurt again. Now the captain and heart and soul of the team Morrow (married Guy Carbonneau's daughter) is out for the season. Still, no excuses, it's hockey. Turco has lost that lovin' feelin so far too. I remember when the stars first came to dallas, they were not good and we were just glad to have nhl hockey in town. I still feel that way now. Yeah they are looking terrible this year but at least we have hockey!

They still might make the playoffs, you never know. And buffalo fans, by the strictest reading of the rule at the time it was and always will be a goal. Get over it, that goes for lindy ruff too.

• 2 weeks later...

Thats the great thing about hockey, the players, coaches and fans never use injuries as an excuse. As a Red wing Fan atic, the goal keeper (Osgood) needs to get out of the funk he is in. Luckily the season is long enough that players can work through a slump.

I don't think my beloved Dallas Cowboys, have it in them to make a splash this year. I hope I'm wrong

oldtimer: I've not been on line much in the last month so I just now spotted this thread. I've always liked the Dallas team and I think they handled the Sean Avery fiasco with class. I've never cared for Avery, ever since he played for Detroit. The guy has always been a mindlessly-lose cannon who takes stupid penalities both on and off the ice. Good riddens! I hope Dallas can get it together as I always enjoy their spirited games against Detroit. I miss Brett Hull being on the ice, too. Hully was cool.

gonzp: I could not agree with you more! Ozzy needs to hire a witch doctor and get the funk out! He thinks the groin is about healed, too. Let's go Red Wings! -Glenn

P.S.: No Comment on the Lions: The only thing in Detroit that's doing worse than the auto industry. I don't follow football any way, thank goodness! LOL Go Cowboys!