Jubilee audition- that's what I'm talking about

hobie1dog

Richard, glad to hear you are keeping up your reputation and not getting "soft" in the volume control

I think Marty will be in for a (pleasant) surprise when he hears your MWM's.

Do you still have K69's? (can you audition K69 on one side and TAD on other?)

I'm stepping a bit out of bounds here probably. I just know that he'd probably enjoy hearing them both side by side so he could hear the difference himself.

I'd speculate he'd rather do it once (put a system together) and do it right than RE-DO it several times.

That's fur sure....I'm getting older and the joy of building speakers is diminishing with age. These 8 ft. tall ones just about did me in.

Posted Image

That's exactly why I want to hear Marks setup....there's no such thing as hearing too many speakers in a lifetime. I'm definitely looking for the set to build that will last me the rest of my life to stop this never-ending rotation of speakers in my room.

That's fur sure....I'm getting older and the joy of building speakers is diminishing with age. These 8 ft. tall ones just about did me in.

P1000815-1.jpg

That's exactly why I want to hear Marks setup....there's no such thing as hearing too many speakers in a lifetime. I'm definitely looking for the set to build that will last me the rest of my life to stop this never-ending rotation of speakers in my room.

I heard Coytee's Jubilees earlier this year. They are stupendous! I'm a big fan of line array sound (fantastic imaging if done right) and wonder what it might sound like to pair some Jubilee bass bins with a nice line array/ribbon system.....???? Audio Nirvana?

I wonder what it will take to get Mark to let me bring my Crown Macro Reference at 760 watts/ch, then get him to leave the house while I "play for awhile"?

I would naturally agree to pay for any structural damage that might occur due to the system being played at a "respectable level"[*-)]

Over the summer Richard let me borrow his Crown K2 for a couple of months, and I have some other s/s power to listen to now as well. I just felt the tubes sounded better to me and hence you simply do not get the same impact from them. Other differences I have are: passive networks, analog EQ......nothing digital controlling the speakers right now. So......it will have a different sound than what most of the Jub folks are running.