RF-82/RF-63

beacon

HI Willand. Thanx for your input through this. I bought a Sub thru Vanns that came with the LED display not working. Called Vanns, they informed me that the had no more in stock and would gladly refund my money. I then called Klipsch, they informed me that they were willing to send me a new sub if I sent them the defective one. They then said I would have to pay shipping which was quite expensive for a 60lb package. Then grudgingly agreed to pay shipping charges. 10 days after I shipped the speaker(today) I called to check the status of my sub. They informed me that they recieved the speaker on the 5th of Dec. and informed me that the Sub would ship to me in 4 to 6 weeks. Called back later and talked to another rep who informed that the sub was in there warehouse and he did not understand why it would not ship out sooner. I was then put on hold and given a major run around, talking to to 3 different people of a course of 20 minutes. Back to the 4 to 6 week shipping time. I then asked for me money back. they told me I would have to send my old speaker back to vanns. When I brought to their attention they had the speaker and asked them to send it back to me so I could then return it to vanns they then claimed the speaker had been thrown away. I have never experienced this kind of treatment from acompany selling such high end products in my long life... So I am out major $$$$ and having nothing to show for it for the previous 2 1/2 weeks and the folling 6 to 8 weeks to come... Next recourse is to call the BBB.

I have over the past week made 3 calls to Klipsch customer service and everytime I talked with someone who was overly helpfull in answering any of my questions and researching the questions that they were not sure of even the phone operator was very friendly and extra helpful in finding my answers.

Beacon,

It is good that you decided to reply back and get some dialogue going. In theory, I don't think you did anything wrong. What you could have done was to let Vann's give you a refund and send back the defective one to them. Then you could find another authorized retailor and purchase from them. Klipsch chooses authorized dealers carefully considering they are the ones that are representing their products on the retail level. Klipsch doesn't normally ship products directly to the customer unless it is a special circumstance like your situation. With that said, take Bill H.'s advice and contact Amy Unger @ Klipsch, she may be able to help your situation.

Bill

man, that would make me pretty bitter too! But, on the other hand, don't let one bad experience lead you in the wrong direction. We would hate to see you end up with a mediocre system just because of this. I say get yoru speakers, and be patient enough for the sub to come. By the way, which sub did you buy? I'll take a guess here............... Sub 10?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very surprise by your experience with them. You can read through the threads how many have praised there customer service

I had to deal with Klispch on more then one occasion and I can say they
have always provided me the best customer service I ever seen.

Being myself in a service providing industry I have seen a lot of clients treat the people providing a service like crap just because they can.

I'm not saying you did something wrong but ever thought about the way you act over phone with others? May be you got treated the way you treated them, you would be surprise sometimes how we act with others and we don't even realize we did.

Going back to your original post: I don't think it is worth it to upgrade from the RF 35 to the RF 82., but I think you will be please with the RF 63.

One thing caught may attention in what you said, "the RF 35 can sound to bright". That's the first thing I noticed going from my RF3 to the RF 83.

I also found the RF 3 can be a little bright sometimes, with the new RF serie I thought the sound was warmer and not as bright, just where I need it to be.

I hope you don't walk away not thinking about it twice. Klipsch is a very good company with a quality product