Neil Young Toronto 12/4 and 12/5

tuned4life

I would like to share my latest concert experiance. My appologies to those that think it inappropriate. I drove from Warsaw N.Y. to see Neil Young at The Air Canada Centere in Toronto. I attended both nights, 12/4/08 and 12/5/08. I have seen Neil 30 times over the last 40 years. Both shows were off the chart. Thursday night He played a new song for the first time ( Light My Candle). I got to Toronto about noon on Thursday, would have been there sooner if not for grid lock traffic on the Gardiner Expy. 1.5 hours to go the last 9 miles. I wasn't first row center floor like usual. The floor space was general addmission with no seats, standing only. I wasn't going to stand in line for 6 hours in 14 degree temp and another 3 hours till Neil took the stage.I had to settle for first section lower bowl, great seats but nothing like the Front row PIT seats I had for CSN&Y in 2006. I checked out of my hotel Friday at 11am (12/5). I hung around outside hoping to get a photo of Neil in a limo. Much to my surprise I saw his custum bus (Silver Eagle) coming up Bay St. I have alot of pics of his bus but none with him in it. As it got closer I could see Him at his computer behind the driver.I got some great photos. In the excitment of getting a close up of Neil I ran in front of a car that knocked me down, broke my ankle, didn't drop my camera though, still got a great close up of Neil. In spite of the pain, and driving home in heavy lake effect snow, It was a great experiance.

post-18012-13819427818826_thumb.jpg

Doug, 'broke and ankle but didn't drop the camera'. [:o] You're my hero man! [*] Glad you had a good time though. I know that seeing Neil live in concert is usually the highlight of your year.

You didn't say a thing about your ankle this morning when we talked, was I in that much of a hurry? Sorry.

More photos from the salvaged camera please!

Michael

Neil closed with " A day in the Life" both nights. Shredded the strings, Slammed " Old Black" into a guitar stand and poked the strings into the pickups for feedback effect. The new song " light a Candle" was beautiful. Neil's well isn't close to running dry. At age 63 He is better than I have ever seen him. Friday nite He dropped a couple songs from the set list in favor of a 15 minute version of "Cowgirl In The Sand". The highlight for me both nights was " Cortez The Killer".

Mike, I didn't seem like you were in a hurry. I didn't mention my foot because the wife wasn't happy about the shape I came home in. she was sitting next to me when we spoke and I didn't want to get her all upset again. she has vowed to not let me out of her sight without adult supervision. Years ago when I asked her to marry me she replyed, Why would I want to do that, I have a dog that stays out all night and a parrot that swears like a trooper.