Opinions on Pioneer VSX-92TXH

sunburnwilly

Since I got my new plasma display a few weeks ago I have had the yearning to experience the new surround formats . Actually I was leaning towards a new processor before deciding to update my display . Allthough my old Sony TA9000ES does a good job with DD/DTS it's time to step into the 21st century .

This would be my first receiver and would consolodate 3 pieces of equipment into 1 . Of course I could use the pre outs to my Quad 606 and Carver AV806x and keep my amplification the same . Seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on the Pioneer . I know it's last years model but I can get one out the door for less than half the original MSRP .

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/EliteReceivers/VSX-92TXH?tab=B

Of course that one is a little higher in the food chain than mine; but I just compared them. I always compare mine to American Elites because mine is a European model. When I bought it, the guy told me that it was the equivilent of an Elite, (in America) and we compared specs, etc to American Elites. Long story short, he convinced me, and I bought it. Right when I got it hooked and fired up, I was blown away by the performance of it. Other than the new sound formats, yours shares a lot of the same specs as mine, and I love mine. I dont' think you'll regret getting that receiver one bit! One thing though is the MCACC auto setup can set your system up a little on the bright side. But I just went into Manual MCACC, fine tuned it, and now it sounds amazing.

I have that exact receiver , Love it But make sure you get the
MACC mike for setup. I might be wrong but i don't think you can do
anything untill you run the MACC set up program, and you need the mike that is supplied with the receiver.

Tommy boy is right, once you manually dial in the MACC it is a great receiver.

I have that exact receiver , Love it But make sure you get the MACC mike for setup. I might be wrong but i don't think you can do anything untill you run the MACC set up program, and you need the mike that is supplied with the receiver.

Tommy boy is right, once you manually dial in the MACC it is a great receiver.

Well it didn't come with the mike . When I first got it home this afternoon I pulled up the manual online . It states to use the mike to set it up . No mention of manual set up until after you set it up with the mike . So I got off work early this evening and went back to BB . They had just un packed another Elite SC-05 and had the mike just sitting there . I told them I would be returning the receiver unless I could get a mike to set it up with .

They gave me the mike . I should have asked for the antenna too .

No offense to Yammy, but I'm sure you'll be more than happy with the Pioneer. Let us know what you think when you get it all set up! After you get it all set up, press AV parameter on the remote, and set the hi bit sampling to on. Also, if it sounds a little too bright, go in to the onscreeen menu, and turn the "x curve" down..........