Has anyone heard...

germerikan

I don´t even know what it costs!!! I´d probably get a coranary...

16Hz at full volume would be awe inspiring though!!

How "loud" would you think that would be?? Although you would just feel it.

You just "feel" it in your body and chair. I sit 14 feet from my sub. I've measured 110 dB at 10Hz from my IB sub. It pretty much shakes everything.

Actually the pic with me in the sub is the box that went in my son's van. It will do 150 dB measured at the dash on a bass sweep. My living room is what I was referring to. I have 4 long excursion 18" sub drivers built into one of the walls in an Infinite Baffle configuration that I use for HT. Here's a fuzzy pic:

post-15193-13819436552322_thumb.jpg

WilsonAudio products havereference class built quality and are about sound quality above it all,this sub uses what apears to be two 15" drivers capable of a solid 3 inch linear excursion.Being a ported design this means one thing,massive output. And being tuned around the 16Hz mark means it will do a fantastic job even reproducing pipe organ music.

However the cabinet itself is probably worth ~ 14K alobe,knwing Wilson. The drivers,custom around $1500-2000 per driver. This is a $20000 plus product.Worthy of those who value immaculate build quality and ready to spend.

I have a subwoofer system capable of demolishing the so called reference levels well below the frequency audible range, sub bass super power is addictive.I would need at least six of these to even begin to match my sub bass system.In output

However the cabinet itself is probably worth ~ 14K alobe,knwing Wilson. The drivers,custom around $1500-2000 per driver. This is a $20000 plus product.Worthy of those who value immaculate build quality and ready to spend.

According to this, the price is quoted at $21,000. That thing is friggan huge. It did not look that big in some of those pictures I saw, until I saw this one on the Stereophile page. I guess it is sometimes hard to comprehend just how big a couple of 15 inch drivers actually are:

SMWilson-450.jpg

skonopa,

My guess was a good one I said 20K plus and it is a $21000 sub. Four of these and I am happy, my twenty sealed will move just as much air even if the Wilson subs have the extra gain ports add to the equation.

-

-

-

-

CECAA,

The large eD uses two $250 drivers a Kiega plate amp ~$300 and a MDF cabinet. Great performer,superb value.

Large ported subs tuned low are best used in larger rooms where one or two units can only fit. I prefer a stack of sealed subs or ...better yet...a wall of sealed subs...backed by two half walls to do the job.