What if we held the 2009 Pickyfest RIGHT NOW?

picky

• Moderators

Looks really nice.....I found my favorite plant in your garden, the Maple tree in the front window next to the porch.

Everything looks great, I know how much work that takes, not even counting the upkeep, your neighbors yard looked embarrassed to be in the picture. [:$]

JB, Bill & dtel: Thanks you guys! We work pretty hard on the yard each year just to maintain everything. But we get a lot enjoyment out of it too. I also love working outside in the heat so gardening is a wonderful hobby for me.

dtel: Good eye! That little maple is called a Laceleaf (Dissectum), Japanese Maple. The leaves almost look and feel like burgundy "feathers". Green varieties of the tree almost resemble cannibis leaves. It is a very slow-grounding, weeping/mushroom-shaped tree (seldom taller than 5') and it prunes really well. We love ours and they become quite valuable with age if you take care of them. Ours has been planted in that spot for nine seasons now.

merkin: Well, to tell you the truith, it was both knees that suffered. I sprained both of them after I took a week off in late May/early June 2007 to install those walls. I had to wear knee braces for 6 months and stay on Vicadin and ibuprophen for 14 months until they had healed enough for the pain and swelling to lessen. But, what helped the most was dropping 95 pounds in about 15 months. I still have both good and bad days with the knees but they are getting stronger all of the time, I feel a lot better since the weight loss. If it wasn't for our son Bill and daughter's boyfriend, Dan, I never would have gotten those walls finished that year (2007). We finished the yard completely in early spring 2008. I set each and every boulder in that waterfall myself by hand. Once I drop another hundred pounds, I'll be golden. Thanks for asking. -Glenn