Running a second amp on a Onkyo

convicted21

I know this is pure "Heresy".... But, you can use the tape deck circuitry. The output (look in the Onkyo manual at the specs) should be ~150mV - ~250 mV. Take that out via RCA connectors to another amp's "tape play" or "tape monitor" (or the Aux)inputs. It is "cascading" and you have to be very careful with that method due to gain issues, but is a "field expedient" method of running multiple amps from the same source when you cannot split the pre-main on the primary. Better method is to find an SAE parametric equalizer (PEQ) or a Sansui AX-7 mixer. They take a single input and can cascade that signal out to 2 or 3 separate amps, respectively, via the tape circuitry. The best "modern" method is to send the tape record signal to a SAE PEQ and then route that out to an Esoteric Sound Super Connector. That allows a cascade to 4+ separate amplifiers with virtually no signal degradation. It works quite well. That's the method I use for "wall of voodoo" with 4 amps and 4 pairs when I get the "urge".....