Outlaw Audio RR2150 Receiver...

SilverSport

...listening to an Outlaw Audio RR2150 2 channel stereo receiver...connected to Klipsch Quartets with BEC titanium tweeter diaphragms and a Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v1 CD player and simple gold ended RCA brand cables...with Mon$ter speaker wire...

Diana Krall The Girl In The Other Room is spinning on the player and it sounds very nice...just displaced a MAC1900 that is up to spec by Terry DeWick but has the volume control knob issue prone to these early McIntosh products...

Very crisp and clear sounds...clean as well...if I stumble upon any audiophile terms it is merely by accident as I just describe what I am hearing...first CD so I can't add much more than that...plenty of bass but Diana's CDs tend to be very well engineered and sound this way on other equipment...

purchased on a lark (isn't every purchase I have made in audio been on a lark because of this place? [;)]...bought for some interest in the nice looking (much better in person) exterior design as well as the power of 100wpc into 8 ohms and the possibility of adding a sub woofer as this is one of the few if not only receiver with a sub woofer and bass management as well as crossovers for your smaller speakers (small???...this is Klipsch [:D] )

Running it without tone control...sounds nice...

Bill

I am more used to listening to tube stuff but I have done the SS thing with the older but updated MAC1900, a Nakamichi TA/2A and an Outlaw 1050 ... this sounds different to my ears and I can't quite describe what I'm hearing...it is crisp and clean...perhaps just a bit bright???...maybe I should play with the tone controls...I have them bypassed as of right now but...very nice and my Quartets have not sounded like this before...I am liking what I hear so far...quite a deal for $699 and even better should you find one for less...[;)]

Bill

Thanks guys...Pete...it was an impulse buy off of ebay...local sale and I bid only the opening bid...I was the only bidder...I have been intrigued by this receiver since it was announced and this one kind of fell in my lap...totally unexpected...

previous owner was using a DAC and another pre-amp so he never used the pre amp of the Outlaw and never the remote or volume switch as the other pre amp had these...he was only using the Outlaw for its 100 watt amp...and for the Tuner on occasion...it looks as new as the day it was made...

Bill