RE: stop me before it's to late

merkin

I just read the false corners don't have to be ugly thread by Mr. Tech. I have forte II's with K stacks about 24 feet apart in my basement for my HT. Lately I have been listening to a lot of CD's on it in the stereo mode and loving it. The imaging is like the vocals are right in front of me. Well there are some KHorns for sale within driving distance of me. Don't know the final price yet but they are in the color I would want and late 90's. I'm setting here lusting after them. Would up grading to Khorns that I would have to do false corners for be worth it. I feel like would making love to a supper model be that much better. I think I could make the false corners like MR Tech but my craftsmenship might not be up to his standards. They would be in the basement which is my man cave. I would have to leave the forte II for center for a while, but I could probably put the other forte II's main in front of the Khorns for a while for HT. I also have a TGP5 with a second area. Could I use that for a pre and then just get another amp to drive the Khorns? I feel like a teenage boy looking at a playboy.

I feel like would making love to a supper model be that much better.

Been there done that. Believe you me, better to look at than to actually have a relationship with. Skinny is great with the right clothes covering up not so great without. Surgically enhanced . . . YECCCCCHH! Attitude . . . -10. Aren't I special? Personality . . . 0. Bored looks. Bragging rights . . . +10 but that's all you have and what's that worth actually?

Nothing's wrong with Khorns 24 feet apart that is how far apart my forte II's are. But that isn't in the corner yet. If they were in the corners they would be about 40 some feet apart and one would be against a window. For them to work in my basement they will need false corners so that they have an unabstructed aim at the listening area.

1. If your happy with your setup - back away.

2. If you can Afford the Khorns- try them, you'll love them :>).

3. Please Post some Pictures..............a 40' Basement- Wow Priceless !

4. Bad place to ask that Question..............You know we are going to feed the Habit...............[:P]