Price Range For New Veneer

luckyduck

Sorry silversport, I probably should just stick with studying past posts and learning through the use of the search feature. I thought these particular cabinets were a black veneer over mdf board? I'll put more energy into my questions next time, instead of confusing myself further.

Nope...my confusion was of my own doing...when I saw veneering I thought you were going to change the wood...good news is it should be a bit easier for you to get the results you wanted...I cannot remember the paint company (I have heard Rust-O-Leum, Krylon, etc) but you should be able to do it pretty easilly...good luck...

Bill

Greg,

Thanks for your comments. The thread was not mine originally, however. There is really not much to tell. I called a friend who is the principal in a great woodworking company here in Upstate NY (fawnmeadow.com) and asked him to do the work. After upgrading the speakers with new Crite's xo's and titanium diaphragms, it was the least I could do for a great set of speakers.

Also last night I purchased a Pioneer VSX-517k, new-still in the box for $100.00! Tomorrow, a friend of mine is helping me run a 12AWG, 20 amp dedicated circuit to where I'll have my system set up, so I'm right around the corner from enjoying my new speakers!

Well...at least enjoying my new speakers and the local FM stations that is!

Once again, I would like to thank everyone for your help! One small can of Rust-Oleum Satin Black #7777 and one pack of Linzer artist brushes....

Nice job and they turn out great... [Y]

Don't worry, I'm sure that we will help you spend some more money in due time... [6]

James