Dancing sub 12

tommyboy

So, my sub 12 has recently learned how to dance. It never stays in the same spot. Even with the gain turned down, if a movie scene with a lot of thump comes into play, I notice that the sub moves. I have the rubber "feet" on it, but it does no good. I guesss I could just put something heavy on top of it, but really don't want to.......

Ya, I remember that. Mine just recently started doing it. I didn't do anything except imploy a Y splitter?? I didn't turn up the gain or anything on it. Unless I just never noticed it doing it before. I'm thinking just a little bit of double sided tape under the feet should do the trick.............

i solved my problem. i replaced the sub 12 with dual RSW-15's

drove up to chicago last weekend and met forum member Scott ( SWL ) and loaded up 2 RSW-15's. gonna use one upstairs with my corns and one in the basement with my k-horns. my back still hurts carring these around. damm their heavy.

one of dual 18" driver cabs did this at 1st.150 lbs of mexican jumping bean. all due to a poorly secured driver. physically check the drivers to ensure that they are held firmly in place by the mounting screws. each of my drivers was about 20 lbs. i re-enforced the bracing and remounted the driver with more secure screws, etc. of course, with small drivers and lightweight boxes sheer lack of mass can always be an issue. just my 2 cents.

I didn't do anything except imploy a Y splitter?? I didn't turn up the gain or anything on it.

By using a y-splitter you in effect did turn up the gain by feeding a hotter signal to your sub. Does your receiver have an automatic setup that you can run? You're probably running the sub too loud now if you didn't adjust the gain at all to compensate for using the y-splitter.

Yes it does have the auto setup, but running it is a bit of a hassle to me. I'm VERY picky about how it sounds, so after the receiver does the auto setup, I always come behind it and "fine tune" it. I spent about 4 hrs last night perfecting the EQ to just the way I like it.................