New receiver upgrade time, suggestions?

soulman

I have the RF7, RC7, and RS7 setup cuurently. I want to upgrade to the HDMI switching and all the new HD sound format decodings. I currenly use the Pioneer Elite 56TXI, and am thinking about the Pioneer SC-05 with the ICE amps. Anyone tried them? Good match for the RF7 and especially movie watching? I can also demo the Onkyo 876 locally at Onecall.com as well as the Marantz stuff like the 7003. Can't pick up the SC05, unless I want to pay retail price at Onecall. One other possiblity is the Yamaha line, which also Onecall sells. I haven't use them in many years, back when I thought they were too "bright". So many choices. Thanks for any help.

Scott

[*-)]

It's not so much the extra work that deters me from separates, but the lack of a modern (HD sound decoding and room accoustics correction like Audessey) pre/pro and $$$. My budget will be less than $1500 max, more like about $1000. Thank you for the recommendations so far. BTW- my other components are a 52" Sharp Aquos LCD (64U) and a Samsung BP-1200 Blu Ray.

Scott

It seems like the "wise" move is to wait for the release of the Emotiva UMC-1 pre/pro and get the XPA-5. Save some $$$ until then. But the Pioneer Elite SC-05 has me intrigued, as I have been pretty happy with my old Elite. Anybody have the new Elite line with the Refernce series? Are they a good match?

Scott