Mcintosh and klipsch suggestions

falcon20x

I run a 5.1 RF 83 system with a Pioneer elite. I have the opportunity to move to a Mcintosh preamp/ amplifier set up.

I'm thinking to get the MX 120 and the MC 205, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with those?

What are the differences between the MX 120 and the MX 136 besides the XLR and the hook up?

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Unless you need multiple zones, stay with the MX 120

McIntosh works very well with Klipsch.

Used or close out.. It is still a LOT of $$ to dish out too.

It will not be night n day the difference, but the McIntosh will hold some value and it will still look cool 5- 10 years from now.

If you decide not to go this route, and it is a great price.. Re offer it to the forum if you can!

Unless you need multiple zones, stay with the MX 120

Yeah I pretty much figured that out, I was just wondering if they are using a different chip.

Here is the deal

I m getting ready to move up to the emtovia UMC 1/ XP5 combo (I really wanted the XMC 1 but at this rate it will take years before I see it), but I have a one time option to get the Mcintosh gear at a low price. Let's just say I can get them brand new for the same price I would pay for used gear.

Would it be worth the difference in price?

If you decide not to go this route, and it is a great price.. Re offer it to the forum if you can!

If I end up buying them and then decide to change again I sure will

I whish the Mcintosh would be near the price range of the emotiva, I'm getting a hell of a deal but it is not that good

I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth it to spend the extra cash for the MC. I'm just affraid that going to such a high level of audio equipement would be a waste for my type of speakers. I really do not have any plans to upgrade my speakers any time soon

In simple terms, would that be like putting a corvette engine in ford fiesta, how fast do think I can go?

From what I understand, if you purchase Emotiva it is basically worthless on day 31. Who would ever buy it from you? They would just get a new one since they are so cheap.

With a Mac, you will pay more for sure..........but you'll get a lot of it back when you sell it later.

I'm not sure I agree that it will not be a night and day difference either. I see folks finally coming out and saying the Emotiva's do not sound that good. Some are returning their amps. It is kind of what I expected. I still have not seen one person come out and specifically say that these cheap Emotiva amps are AUDIOPHILE quality sound. I am betting they are just inexpensive powerhouses built for HT with middle of the road mediocre sound quality and pretty asthetics. I can not imagine any Emotiva product hanging with McIntosh equipment. It just does not make any sense when you look inside of both boxes. It has nothing to do with money.

I whish the Mcintosh would be near the price range of the emotiva, I'm getting a hell of a deal but it is not that good

I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth it to spend the extra cash for the MC. I'm just affraid that going to such a high level of audio equipement would be a waste for my type of speakers. I really do not have any plans to upgrade my speakers any time soon

In simple terms, would that be like putting a corvette engine in ford fiesta, how fast do think I can go?

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Replaced VSX-92 with MX132 could not believe how much better Forte IIs sounded. Much less harsh. Sounds great with the La Scalas. Had I upgraded to Mac before buying the La Scalas I might not have upgraded to the La Scalas. Well not true but it would at least taken longer.

MX-132c is very warm but still with lots of Detial.

I bought a Mx132 same specs in the Amp section as 120/135 but a slower chip, only use it for audio anyway, for well south of $1400. New glass and paper work from Mac -$ 400 Check up just last year. Looks and sounds brand new.

The Pioneer is sitting In my office on the Floor.

If you have not heard either pieces of equipment.......I would buy the Mac stuff if you can afford it. It is money in the bank and you'll likely not spend any further for quite some time for those pieces of your system. Your speakers are no slouches and you can always upgrade them. I have not heard Emotiva equipment so my comments about it are guesses. I should have used the word inexpensive instead of cheap. Doesn't read well.

I hesitate to be the bearer of bad news but I would run from any mcintosh MX products at present. There have been video issues with the 120 and I know of at least one dealer who has sent his back fpr good after numerous problems. I was looking at a used MX 120 and I was quietly waved away from it by a dealer friend. I am a MAC/klipsch junkie and I had my heart set on a used MX 120. Do your own research but I would do some serious asking around before jumping on that program. I spent all day friday drooling over a 275 tube model owned by another forum member. I think that the other Mac products are the best stufff out there. I had a loaner set of Rf 83s for a day and I tried them with several power sources(including an older mac) running as pre outs from my Sony ES HT. I just sold my RC64 as part of a heritage change over. This a great combination-RF83/RC64 and they definitely respond to lots of power. I would jump all over any good deals on any mac amps if I had a need.If I could afford I would have mac power amps running all my HT stuff.

Thanks for steering me toward the RSW-15 early on. I finally found one and I love it.