Velodyne HGS15BGII

Youthman

Some of the Velodyne subs have a weak solder connection on the input
board where the post connects to it. I cant remember if the HGS sufferers
from this but I have fixed a few of the older sub amps and rack mounted
Velodyne amps in the past. Thoes Monster turbine locking rca heads have damaged many receivers and amp rca inputs and I will never use them for anything but tying down a load in the back of my truck.

• Moderators

Thx for the info htxpert. Just in case that is the problem, when I move the sub into the cabinet, I'll leave it plugged in the back so that I do not move the connection. Just in case it is still the Velodyne. I'm truly loving what I'm hearing though. Solid, pounding, heart felt bass. I'm now feeling what I've been hearing. [:D] No need for me to buy a $1000 sub now. My wife will like that.

"Thoes Monster turbine locking rca heads have damaged many receivers and
amp rca inputs and I will never use them for anything but tying down a
load in the back of my truck. "

The same can be said for the PRO-EL adapter cables I have that go from RCA to 1/4" mono...... OUCH. The first time I had them on my sub out on the reciever... I just about freaked trying to get them off. [8o|]

• Moderators

Michael, I never thought of the turbine connectors as being a bad thing but now I can see how they could be. Sometimes it takes work getting them off so I can see how that might loosen the connection on the inside of the equipment

I have seen the HGS series sell for $1000 and more esp the 18".

These are excellent subs at any price.

True. This HGS12 recently sold for $810.

• Moderators

Now, imagine the extra control the DD series gives you with a DD-15.

Then imagine a DD-18.......

Mwuhahahahaha.

No need to imagine. I'm totally satisfied with the performance of the HGS15. I'm pretty good about setting goals, working towards them, and then being able to sit back and enjoy it for years to come without always needing to "upgrade". Pretty much the only thing I would like to add is a separate amp (maybe Emotiva XPA-5). My wife has been extremely understanding throughout this journey to finish my theater room but the other day, we agreed not to spend any more money for awhile on stuff. I'm extremely satisfied with my current setup. Now if someone gave me a DD-18, being the kind hearted person I am, would gladly take it off their hands. Somehow I do not foresee that happening.

Fabulous subwoofers I run two of them, I had three at one point but felt it a bit too much so I sold one. With 4 Cornwalls in the room as well there is never a shortage of bass. I don't even turn the subs on unless I am watching a movie.

• Moderators

Fabulous subwoofers I run two of them, I had three at one point but felt it a bit too much so I sold one.

Three 15" subs....what did you say? I think I just lost my hearing. That's crazy bass bro. My one provided plenty of bass, I can't imagine two or three of them. Well, I guess I can. I just have to go back to my days of car audio.