Caroline and I had a great time last weekend

Caroline and I flew up to Detroit last Wednesday and spent some time at glen and Vernas place. (Picky and wife)

They were absolutly great host's. There house is so cool it is amazing what they did with the place. Inside and out it is spectacular.

We didn't arrive until around 11 pm and they picked us up from the airport. Its a short ride to the house, and after arriving we sat in the livingroom and talked till I couldn't take it any longer and said I want to see the theatre. Once down there I was in awe, I have seen pictures but they don't do it justice. I will say that I thought from the pictures that it was alittle bigger that it really is. The layout was well thought out givin the size it still has everything you need. The 7.1 system sounds great, but I did expect it to sound great. haha We stayed down there till 5 am went to bed and was up around 10 I think. They took us on a sightseeing trip of the area that was cool and informative. Alot of Ford stuff and the funny names all the company employees have for the buildings. then we went and met his son, wife and grandson at a great mexican resturant. Oh Glen I want the Margarita resipe from there. then it was back to the house where we sat in the livingroom and I watched my first hockey game from start to finish which went into double overtime too bad the redwings lost it was a good game. Then it was back down to the theatre till 3am.

The next day we headed off to the detroit museum and library which was fun, the library has a ton of LP's too. Then we headed off to Greek Town to meet a couple of Glen and Vernas friends for dinner. Dinner was great and then we all went back to the house and had a great time visiting and playing in the theatre. Again we were up till the wee hours. Saturday we had to say our goodbyes and he headed for home.

Like I said Glen and Verna were great hosts and I can't wait to see them again. Come to find out they are into geniology and Glen has some long lost past relitives that lived in the county I live in in Virgina. So we are hoping they will head out to our place soon.

Steve

All 4 of you are some of the nicest people we ever met too!

His (Glen and Verna's) theater is just awesome. Been there, did the same thing till the wee hours! LOL

And of course Verna keeps feeding you goodies and Glen a few libations later... 3- 5 am? Really? Wow It feels like midnight! LOL

Cindy sais she needs a girls night with the three Amigas! The Captain Morgan and 7-UP is ready!

• Moderators

All 4 of you are some of the nicest people we ever met too!

Make that 6 when you add you and Cindy, I completely understand how there was not much sleeping going on, between talking and playing you lose track of time.

Verna and I had a fantastic time with Caroline and Steve; they are outstanding guests and although we have only seen them once a year for the last 2 or 3 years, we feel as if we feel as if we have known them for years! It's as if we see them frequently, even though we haven't. You could say we all have a lot in common. It's very similar to the relationships Verna and I share with IndyKlipschFan (Roger and Cindy), Michael Colter, Michael Hurd and Dr.Who to mention a few: A real connection exists. I thank goodness (and Klispch) every day for this social conduit we call the Klipsch Forum. Verna and I have built relationships and forged friendships using the forum that never would have been possible had it not existed.

We certainly did see a lot of things on our trips around town with Caroline and Steve. About the only thing we didn't do much of was sleep. But we really didn't miss it until it was all over with. The only bad part was that we only had two days together. I will post a few photos from their visit to share with everyone. Thanks for all of the good words, Steve. Those are some of the nicest things anyone has every said about us and our home. We hope to visit you and Caroline sometime during this year. We'll let you know when we'll be able to make it.

Steve, Caroline and Verna enjoying the Pink Floyd Pulse concert in our theater about 2:30 am last Saturday morning...

post-10177-13819455454896_thumb.jpg

Last Friday afternoon. I took this picture of Caroline, taking a picture of us 3 sitting in our car while on Belle Isle, an island that is a Detroit City park in the Detroit River that overlooks Windsor, Ontaro, Canada and in this scene; Downtown Detroit's skyline. That large cylindrical building is the Renaissance Center - General Motor's World Headquarters. Believe it or not: Ford Motor Company originally built and owned it, which is from whom GM bought it. The island we are on is where they hold the Detroit Grand Prix races and it is adjacent to the water in which the annual, Gold Cup Unlimited Hydroplane races and Detroit, Red Bull Air Races take place. The bridge in the background (left) is the Detroit Ambassidor Bridge which connects the US and Canada. That is the busiest International border crossing in the United States, and that includes all of the US-Mexico crossings, too. There is also a tunnel from the US to Canada beneath the river near the GM Headquarters building. There were ice flows on the water in the river the day this was taken. Brrrr!

post-10177-138194554581_thumb.jpg

Verna and Glenn (Picky) on the Detroit River also at Bishop Park in Wyandotte, MI. In the near-right background is the northern tip of the island of Grosse Isle. It sits on the US-side of the Detroit River and it is a self-contained city with a population of 10,700. There are many huge mansions on the island. It also has the oldest, single-famliy-owned farm in Michigan that is still a working farm and it is also the location of the Ford (Motor Co.) Yatch Club and the former Naval Air Station Grosse Isle.

post-10177-13819455902822_thumb.jpg