i have inherited this - do you think it is worth something??

DU73

Probably not worth much. I thought it was strange that the comic pictured wasn't published by DC, so I did some checking. Turns out murray was a Australian company that reprinted American comics. There's a brief history here: Murray Comics

And here is your comic book: Darknight Detective

On the other hand, if there were a collector looking for murray books, they'd probably be hard to find. I just don't imagine there are any Murray collectors out there.

Many thanks todd for taking the time and researching this and for replying. My initial thought when I saw batman comic and darknight and knew it was quite old I thought $$$.. then later i noticed there was no edition number on the cover and thought that was strange.

I might give it to one of my nephews or nieces

Many thanks todd for taking the time and researching this and for replying. My initial thought when I saw batman comic and darknight and knew it was quite old I thought $$$.. then later i noticed there was no edition number on the cover and thought that was strange.

I might give it to one of my nephews or nieces

30 years isn't considered "quite old" in comic books. By then there were already lots of collectors. There is really no such thing as a "rare" comic from the last 25-30 years. Even if there is an issue with a high price tag, you can easily find a copy in mint condition and someone willing to part with it.