PWK's Book & General Info

Tony Reed

Sounds like a me too chicken in the pot.

Tony, I sent an email but I have had some difficulty in receiving return email over my high speed link do to a construnction accident that cut the cable and, apparently, repairs were bungled.

You can reach me at my email address in my Klipsch profile... eddennis@msn.com just in case there is any hope in Hope.

HornEd

------------------

HORNED'S EIGHT THEATRICAL LEGENDS,

FIVE+ MUSICAL HERITAGES & A ROADIE...

SETTING THE "THEATER OF THE MIND" STAGE...

KLF 30's: Left Main, Center Main, Right Main

KLF C7's: L & R Front Effects on 5' sand filled columns

KLF 30's: Left Surround, Rear Effects, Right Surround

Twin SVS CS-Ultra SubTower, Samson Megawatt Amp

KLIPSCH SPEAKER SUPPORT SYSTEMS:

Bass friendly, oversized, glove-leather LazyBoy Recliners

Mitsubishi RPHD1080i 65", Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Toshiba Pro Scan 6200, Toshiba Pro 6-head SVHS W808

CHANNELING THE MUSIC EXPERIENCE FROM 2 TO 6!

'97 Klipschorn - Mains, '99 Klipsch Belle - Center

'83 Cornwall - Surrounds, '93 Academy - Rear Effects

Walnut w/ Cane Grilles. Final Amps, etc. undetermined

THE MOVEABLE (EAR) FEAST...

Klipsched Class "A" Motorhome... an acoustics challenge

vandalized... but soon to be "On the Road Again!" Willie.

Clearly, Tony, we all appreciate the extra effort you have put out on behalf of Mr. Paul, Ms. Valerie and the Hope centered Klipsch phenomenon. Certainly not one among us would want to tax Mr. Paul's energies or otherwise negatively impact the PWK household.

In a sense, many of us on the Forum have developed a camaraderie of mutual assistance, good humor and sound exploration... and rightly or wrongly, we feel as if our actions qualify us as members of the Klipsch extended family... if only in a "virtual" sense.

There has not been a Klipsch moment quite like this since the Klipschorn became a reality... a great birthday, a great book, and a great facilities expansion (in Hope and Indy) all at the same time! And to be so close to potentially owning an autographed copy is like freezing an historical moment that can be passed down through generations.

I, for one, would gladly pay an generous shipping and handling fee for the opportunity of owning that slice of history. And so, I suspect, would all the others who wrote. While we keep the faith... it would be nice to proactively help the project along. HornEd

Tony,

I suspect there are lots of Klipsch fans like me who would like to attend the book signing, but cannot. If it's at all possible, I, too, would be more than willing to pay above retail for a copy signed by Mr. Paul. Just tell me what I need to do. Thanks a lot.

Perhaps, Doug, but it was meant as an collective incentive for Tony to go out of his way for Forum members. To set up a sale and distribution channel for autographed books could become more work than Tony (or anyone else) might like to do on an otherwise fun weekend.

Too offset the potential hassles, I think that anyone taking on such a task at this late date ought to be compensated by all who want an autographed copy without being there.

I have never met Tony but I know a few people who do. The general consensus is that he is the Salt of the Earth and a Prince of a Klipscher (whoops, now Doug's gonna add a charge of a salt & flattery charge!).

While I appreciate anything that Tony may do for all of our benefit... I also want to pay may fair share of any expense. Take a look at Tony at Mr. Paul's last year. How much of an uncompensated burden should we who can't get there on someone who has made a habit of it.

I'm still trying to make but my 94 year old mom was suddenly scheduled for surgery in San Antono, TX on March 18th. If she is well enough, I will try to get to Hope... and I will do what I can for you, Doug, and any other of our Forum Friends... at slightly less than cost. Consider it a bribe to boost Mr. Paul's spirits with the caring concern of Klipsch Forum members.

I think these books will be a focal point in all our homes when people come over to watch a DVD or multi-channel music. I want a book so I can show my mother where her K-horns were born and the man who made 'em possible who is 3½ years older! cwm24.gif HornEd

PS: Special thanks to Becky P. who took the above photo. H.E.

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-05-2002 at 04:17 PM

Great pic HornEd (thanks Becky!). I feel just as HornEd does and would be honored just to own the book, but it would mean so much more to me if I had a signed copy. Tony, I really do appreciate your efforts on this and wish I could be there for this wonderful occasion. I truly hope to meet the man one day...

Mike

I do not in any way mean to put a damper on the fabulous enthusiasm on this thread, but if I am understanding correctly, it is the author, not PWK who will be signing books.

Sooner or later, on every parade a little reign must fall... thanks BobG for the morning after clarity... well, I'm still in... author! author!! Every personalized bit beyond a bookstore purchase just makes it that much more special from my point of view.

If I could be there, as I had planned to, I would have asked every Klipsch Forum Member there to autograph it including their Forum name so I could step up to a mike and know which one it was. Rolleyes.gif

I just think the event is just that special. And if there was a way to get that one last signature without creating a hardship for anyone... well there's nothing like history ratified by the person who made it... and his helpmate through the epic journey.

I can and have bought Klipschorns... but some more important things seem only to live on as wishful thinking. Congratulations on the hard copy revelations... and Happy Birthday Mr. Paul!

cwm38.gif HornEd

Special Edit: Oops, the "***-u-me fact-or-?" strikes again. GO TONY... I like your Reed cwm15.gif

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-05-2002 at 06:01 PM

Tony, that's great! I know you and Miss Valerie have a good relationship. You may know more about this than I do. I wanted to provide clairty for the group at large so no one would be disappointed. I have not heard that PWK will be available for an autograph session. Thanks for your energy on this project.

Hello,

I was given this link today by my dad for more info on the book. It's put up by Valerie Klipsch. http://www.mrspaulwklipsch.com/ It's sort of funny to think I was talking to the two authors just the other day, when my dad took me to his workplace. He works with them! Had no idea they were Klipsch heritage fans!

Hope the link helps,

Jon

------------------

markvi82@hotmail.com

1981 Cornwall I's

Yamaha DSP-A1000 integrated amp

Acoustic Research AR3A's for Pro-Logic rears

(Music only setup)

Marantz CD Player

Yamaha Turntable with Stanton EE Cartridge

This message has been edited by Cornwalled on 03-08-2002 at 01:43 AM