Need an older La Scala label scan

m82a1pa

Folks,

I have a pair of early 1980's La Scala's that were refinished. The labels that had the serial numbers were lost/destroyed during the re-veneering by the company that did it. Does anyone have a scan, or can point me to one so that I can dummy up another set of labels? Thanks.

I'm not sure. They were refinished by the previous owner. I can't find a hint of the original serial number anywhere on either speaker. The back of the speakers were repainted and I couldn't find anything stamped into the wood. I even pulled a bass bin bottom cover to see if there was one inside.

I have a pair of HIIs that had the labels removed. The only way I am close on the year is by the inspection stickers on the inside of the cabinets. I wish Klipsch had also put the SN on the inside of that cabinets.

Are you trying to resell these LaScalas?

A few year ago a forum member Jorjen or Jorgen that did fabulous refinish work was able to emulate the original labels amazingly identical to the originals. Not sure if a "Search" would turn up any information or not. He did a scan of one, altered it, then reprinted on some adhesive backed label material, trimmed it to original size and reapplied them to his refinished speakers and it would be difficult to tell them apart from originals.

Nope, I'm not going to sell them. I just wanted them to look 'complete' :>)

These appear to be 1983's, judging that they had AL crossovers when I got them.

There's no sign of any stamped serial numbers anywhere on the edges, much to my dismay.

EDITED: Here's the label thread, unfortunately he made them for KHorns: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/p/54704/527211.aspx#527211

The issue is not the scanning of the label...I have a section of LaScala cabinet that someone once sent me...the issue is posting the label that could ultimately wind up on some clone cabinets.....if you can't find serial numbers on the back edge then perhaps you have some clone cabinets.

The issue is not the scanning of the label...I have a section of LaScala cabinet that someone once sent me...the issue is posting the label that could ultimately wind up on some clone cabinets.....if you can't find serial numbers on the back edge then perhaps you have some clone cabinets.

mmmm not sure about that .......................I have a set fo 84's and I am the original owner and there is no stamped S/N I could ever find.

These are not cloned cabinets. While they've been veneered, came with the original speakers, along with some very dusty AL crossovers, it would be a stretch for someone to go through all that trouble and sell them for old La Scala's. Back edge stamped serial numbers post date these La Scala's. Yes, I'm going to clone some labels and sell these for vintage La Scala's. Not. Cut me a physical break.

I'll crank up CorelDraw this weekend and see what I can do with it. Never used the program since I bought it, so wish me luck. If anyone else wants to try their hand, I sure wouldn't complain. Appreciate it, speakerfritz. I'll post the results when I get it loooking clean.

I wound up recreating the label in Microsoft Word, using a logo I found on the Klipsch site. The font is not identical, but close. My printer lets me scale the size, so I reduced it. I then scanned the document and saved it as a jpg. As you can see, it turned out fairly well. I'm not sure of the original dimensions, but this is close enough for my purposes. The background is an extremely light eggshell so that they don't look brand spanking new [H]

They should go well with my new ALK crossovers. The veneer is African Paduak. It's a little reddish for my tastes, but has a nice grain pattern.

post-33161-13819456073708_thumb.jpg

Back edge stamped serial numbers post date these La Scala's.

Actually, that would be pre-date those LaScalas. Mine are '86, and the SN is only on the label.

My labels are 3 5/8 x 4 3/4 inches, but they are a newer design.

Bruce