OT: Cable TV/Internet signal splitter question

mungkiman

I have basic cable TV and internet. There is one wire from the pole to my house. There is a 3-way splitter, to divide the signal, outside the house. One output jack says -3.5dB, and two say -7dB. Which ones should I run to the 2 TV's, and which one should I run to the cable (computer) modem?

Thanks

• Klipsch Employees

Did you place the spliter there or did the cable installer do that?

IF you put the spliter there, you may want to make sure of the bandwidth of that spliter.

Some digital cable does not agree with some spliters.

You will also want to make sure you have a good "Earth ground" to the spliter. This will help protect you from noise in your system.

bonz44 may help provide more info on what spliter to use.

Any good 5-1000mhz splitter will work, stay away from wal mart junk wire and splitters, and screw on on connectors, I could go on and on with my pet peeves of my experiences of why people have bad cable signal, it's usually their fault. Every once in a while you'll see a 600mhz splitter, they don't work well with modems if at all because the downstream signal is most likely above 600mhz.