Mantle Shelf Build for RC-64

roaddog359

Well I wanted to let you guys know that I finally have all my material and will be starting on it this week. The mantle if for the RC-64 cherry center channel and the mantle will be placed above my tv. The mantle will be made out of Oak. I will be using 7" Crown molding that was cut in Arizona at a custom shop. Attached is a sample piece of the crown but not in Oak. I have a better pic of you stuff but i am having trouble getting it off my camera phone now. When I can I will post that pics of my crown and base. I am going to do the crown with 2 pieces of stacked base on the bottom. this pic is with 1 piece of base on the bottom.

post-33807-13819464218366_thumb.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Here is a drawing of what it will look like completed. but it does not look like anyone is interested. LOL!

Well stop posting and get ta building! LOL. We wanna see the finished product with that purty RC-64 hangin above your TV. [:D]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

" Honest oppinions please! Good or Bad. "

Well honestly it looks like you will need a mantle to hold the mantle, it will be heavy.

Really it looks good and a nice design , not the plain old straight boring mantle. [Y] Better find a FEW studs.

Roaddog its coming together very well, are you going to stain it or leave it natural? It looks like you have a nice work shop at home.

How many anchor spots do you have for it? When you get to that stage please let me know, I would like to see how you secure it to the wall.

Keep up the great work.[:D]