Rosewood Klipschorn Questions

Mr. Widget

Some '82 Klipschorn's in BRL

I guess '82 was a good year for Klipschorns in BRL. Here is an image I snagged from this site sometime back. The most beautiful Klipschorns I ever saw in person were some done up in Macassar Ebony... they were a demo pair at a local dealer... he would not sell them at any price. Widget

post-23229-13819464398822_thumb.jpg

These labeled as Brazilian Rosewood look a lot like my old '63 D-28. It is really dark. My guitars with Indian Rosewood are very different from each other. The '75 Guild is beautiful, but more red, while the early '90s Taylor is more like the Brazilian in looks, but a lot straighter grain.

Oh well... I was out bid by a local antiques dealer. I suppose they'll get a quick polish and be put on eBay or Craig's List. I really don't have the right room for them anyway, but it would have been fun to try to restore the finish and bask in their beauty. Widget

Mr. Widget, do you know what they went for? Not that I'm in the market for Khorns, but I was curious and tried to find the auction online, with no luck. You must have finely-tuned sensors!

Mr. Widget, do you know what they went for?  Not that I'm in the market for Khorns, but I was curious and tried to find the auction online, with no luck.  You must have finely-tuned sensors!

No, I'll see if I can find out. The auction is primarily a for the trade only sort of thing... it is not on line. Widget

Oh well... I was out bid by a local antiques dealer. I suppose they'll get a quick polish and be put on eBay or Craig's List. I really don't have the right room for them anyway, but it would have been fun to try to restore the finish and bask in their beauty. Widget

Yup.

Yup.

Still a good price IMO.

Still a good price IMO.

They are not showing or mentioning the scratches on the top of one, the sides of both, or the dings in the front edge of the veneer... overall they are in average to slightly above average condition for their vintage. $2500 may be a good price, but I wouldn't have paid it. Regardless... hopefully they'll find a new home and make someone very happy. Widget