V-Trac Horn Demo Units available for Khorn owners to try out

greg928gts

Joe,

Well I'm at my new location but still wading through all the projects to get back up and running.....internet service ironed out....build shop benches & shelves and storage bins..... setup shipping....transfer banking and so on...

But man is it beautiful up here in northern Michigan I forgot just how much I missed it.... no more working in the basement.... look out every morning/evening at the Deer in the back field it's pretty darn awesome.

I'm going to be using the top sections with my Lascalas.

Send your amp in for repair late next week. Heck I forget what brand it was....lifes been a blur lately.

Craig

What is the differance between these and the ALK Trachorn 400? Just curious?

Might be more than 1 difference......one is the use of a 2" driver mating area on these vs the 1" driver mating area on the ALK trackhorn.

• 5 months later...

I thought I would bump this up in case there is someone here who doesn't know about the V-Trac demo units.

The demo's are probably booked to the end of the year, but it never hurts to get your name on the list if you'd like to try these out.

I'll take this opportunity to update what's been happening. We had quite a few problems at first with shipping damage. The problems seem to have been taken care of now. I got them back a couple of months ago and really secured everything better inside, and came up with a better system for the swinging tweeters. One of the tweeters is still glued together (thanks Craig) and if you look closely you can see it was in about fifteen pieces! But it's holding up well and still sounds just about the same as new. The crossover components are tied down with extra ties and glued down with polyurethane caulking. So these demo units are not the most aesthetically pleasing things to look at, but they are holding up pretty well now, and hopefully they'll be able to make it around the country for a long time.

Arranging for the people on the list to get the units when they'd like to get them, having them agree to the terms, explaining what to look for for damage when they get them, keeping the bass bin wires with the units from person to person, explaining how to properly pack them up so they make it to the next person in one piece, etc... is a logistical nightmare sometimes! I think I'm spending more time on this than on making the horns that I sell!

Speaking of sales - I have sold more horns than I thought I would, and I'm getting ready to build a batch of twenty more, serial #41 - #60.

Getting great reviews still, and I try to keep the webpage updated with the great quotes from my happy customers.

Al K is working on a ES network design specifically for the V-Trac that will cross the mid/woofer at 300Hz. I'm pretty excited about hearing those.

Dan, #11 on the list, just got them and his first quick email to me said "these are incredible"! That's what keeps me going!

Greg

Greg,

You da man. I think I can speak for everyone that has been involved with the demo units, thanks so much for providing this service. I realize that because of this service you have been able to really promote and sell the v - trac but, I know most of all you wanted others to hear what a very positive sound improvement that these make to the mighty khorn. Thanks again for the passion and all the time and money you have put into this project.

Randy