Camel Hair tone arm brushes

Personal, un-informed opinion is that I always wondered if the stylus was resting on the vinyl at the correct force (weight) as the brush was in contact and that the bristles riding in several grooves would tend to keep the stylus from 'swaying with the music'. I didn't worry that a clean album would get that dusty while I was playing it.

3b_2.JPG

My Elac Miracord TT came with one on it. Since I replaced the cartridge with the Shure, I have removed it. The shure has one built in. Shure calls it a "anti-static" brush, but I still have static! So I got a carbon fiber brush from Music Direct.

SHUREm97xe.jpg

This has taken care of the Static problem.......

aaqrcbsh.jpg

Dennie

According to Shure, the M97xE's brush pushes down with a force of half a gram, so half a gram should be added to the tracking force. I listened with the brush down and with it up and could hear no difference, so I leave it down. That little brush picks up lots of fluff and fine dust, so that should help both the records and the stylus last longer.

As for static on records, the Zerostat gun is great for eliminating it. I use it after (and sometimes before) playing a record, so the disc is not a dust magnet when it's sitting in its jacket. The records stay much cleaner and better-sounding that way.