How'z It Feel?

Professor Thump

Feel'z like music in my head, that's it............just music in my head. Don't even feel the iem's. Just music in my head.

But back to my other question, maybe you can answer. Where are my free ear gels? The two free pairs I'm going to receive for registering online. If you weren't going to send them you should not have included that little business card that said I would.

These are actually the first pair of in-ear's that I've owned so it's hard to compare them with anything I've used prior. They sort of remind me of a fine sports car. They take some time to aclimate yourself to. They're not the easiest/most user friendly things you could buy. Once you get past the quirks, you are rewarded with performance that few others can match.

My Custom 2 though taking a bit to get used to and feel fine when my ear isn't itching - usualy my right ear an annoying thing that's been going on since before I got the Custom when they were first on the market.

I'd never used other brands of IEMs before those so I can't say only a few crappy painful earbuds which I detest. The Custom 2 produce amazing sound. I couldn't even bring myself to try the other IEMs at the Klipsch Pilgrimage in 2007 when the Custom and IMAGE were first introduced - they just looked uncomfortabel by comparision. The Custom models looked much more comfortable and the IMAGE as it was originally called was just so insanely small, easy to use, and easy to forget they were in one's ears - except for the Legendary Sound of Klipsch in one's head.

We were able to get a set of Image X10 this past December and well, besides sounding even more incredible then the Custom 2, they are so much more comfortable and easier to use - just stick 'em in and they work and are pretty easy to forget they're in your ears except of course for the Legendary Sound of Klipsch in a really tiny package that fits in your ear!

Hoping I get to try out the new Image S2 and S4 soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm digging them. I think I'm ready to toss my first pair of eartips though. I'm still using my double large flange set that I first settled on.

I've had several instances of eartips detaching from the Image headphones. Curved hemostats are the retrieval tool of choice but it's a bit bothersome.

I can't wear any of those earbud thingies at all, they won't stay put, make my ears ache, and just sound plain BAD. Klipsch IEM's are COMFY! ahhhhh

well... they make great soldering aids too[8-|]

Thump, you should totally be over here at Roadie's this afternoon- I have FOUR amp racks torn apart and am moving stuff around.... let's see the knee bone is connected to the ankle bone...

• 1 month later...

Like earthman said, my Custom 3s sound like "music in my head", but only for about the length of 1 song.

I use the big single flange gels, get the seal easily and life is great. It's like I'm onstage or something. But soon after, they start slipping out, and the seal is lost. This happens whether I'm actively moving around, or sitting at my desk trying to work. It's a bit frustrating to have to reach up every 2-3 minutes to readjust.

So rather than the "slippery' style, can anyone recommend a source for stickier gels that will stay in place more reliably ?

Otherwise, very comfortable.

Hearing Components makes an eartip called Comply that fit our nozzles. These are foam eartips which may not be as comfortable but will lock in your ear canal when the foam expands. You can't load them or take them out as easily because of this and it can irritate your ear canal since it "grips" but you may find that this is what you have to use for your ear geometry.