HK 730 receiver with KG 3.5's, should I pick up some Forte II's?

rmilesh2

I currently am running my KG3.5's with a nice vintage HK 730. I listen to a lot of rock 60's to current and keep reading that the Forte II's are one of the best rock sperakers ever made. With this receiver would I see a huge step up if I got some Forte II's?

Rob

You will definitely step up with the Forte II's. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

The HK receivers do well with vintage Heritage. Even though Forte is not designated as official Heritage, they really do have the Heritage sound and legacy, IMO.

As would be expected, you make the most difference in a system upgrade in upgrading the speakers. This almost always holds true as long as the amp is not a weak link. The 730 will do fine driving the Forte II's.

Congrats.

• Moderators

I agree 100% with Dee, I have not heard the KG3.5's but I know what the HK 930 sounds like with the forte ll, the 730 should be right there with it .

As long as you don't overpay for the forte ll's you could always get your money back by selling, but you won't want to !

• Moderators

I think you would be very happy with Forte IIs. IMO, they ROCKl!

I love our Forte lls so much I wouldn't let dtel sell them when we decided to change up our 2 channel setup in the living room. To make room for our newest Klipsch 2 channel setup we put our Cornwall IIIs in the bedroom and are keeping the Forte IIs for 5 channel duty in the living room.