Pioneer KURO Series Plasmas

Gilbert

I have a TH-50PH9UK Panasonic Professional Plasma display which is a 50 inch monitor. Personally I prefer monitors over full TV's, I have not used built in speakers or a built in tuner in my home theater in about 20 years. I do not want speakers or speaker grills in my display and am glad not to have a tuner as well. I prefer a sleek thin bezel frame and the high performance, high quality picture of my display.

Yep, me too. That's why I purchased my first HTS Monitor a couple days ago. The monitors is for viewing and pure outstanding picture quality. I'll let the heritage sourround sound speakers take care of the sound.

I just hope a get more than 15 years out of quality viewing with this system. My ole 60" big screen started getting fuzzy around 10 yrs. ago, and today it's sucking pretty bad. I just couldn't stand it anymore, had to get a nice new living room TV, erra, monitor.

If you replace the TV you are going to lose the stand for your vertical Cornwall pair center channel. I suppose you can put them side by side on the floor and perch the Plasma on top of them equally as well.

If the 60" is a projection TV, remove and back and clean the mirror and inside of the viewing screen if accessible it will make a big difference.

If you replace the TV you are going to lose the stand for your vertical Cornwall pair center channel. I suppose you can put them side by side on the floor and perch the Plasma on top of them equally as well.

If the 60" is a projection TV, remove and back and clean the mirror and inside of the viewing screen if accessible it will make a big difference.

Nice call CB, but it's not a true rear projection TV. I forgot what Sony calls it, but I don't think (?) it will clean like that. I will look into cleaning it though, and maybe that will help. If it does, I'll take it to the ranch house in Encinal. That'll make my dad happy, and give him a reason to stay at the ranch house more often.

I found a wall hanger at Ultimate Electronics that claims to have the capability of supporting up to 250 lbs from a stud wall. The Pioneer plasma weights considerably less, so I don't anticipate any problems with wall placement. In fact, it's going to clear up some floor space. The dual Cornwall (parallel hook up) center channel will be moved to floor, with some soft pads to protect the veneer. The monitor will mount direct above, but off the wall.

I'll post some pic's once I get everything set up.

Well, the KURO arrives tomorrow. I super excited. Went to the HTS that demo'ed there plasma for me, and purchased an Omni Mount flat panel support system. It's not as fancy as this remote controlled electric muta they had, but it was too pricey, and I can't imagine my self needing to frequently make changes. Maybe if it were an LCD, but I don't it's that necessary for a plasma.

post-12381-13819465991286_thumb.jpg

Got it in yesterday at 3:00pm. Took off early from work and installed the bugger in less than 30min. I had already mounted the Omni wall mount, so it was a snap. HOWEVER, on the frustrating side, I still need to by a HDTV compatible statlite receiver, my 3 or 4 year old Denon DVD player is much more modern and has at least component outputs.

Broke her in last night watching Captain & Commander with Russel Crow, and finished the evening off at midnight with the end of Mogul; A story about Ghengis Khan's younger years. It was an excellent movie. Ghengis is my hero, I have read much about him. The movie contains beatiful scenery, and the image dynamics of the Plasma are just incredible. I could see microscopic hairs growing from the actors faces, and watching the smallest of dirt particles with clarity, when the horses gallop across the plains. Absolutely stunning picture quality, everything I expected and more. Incredible.

The plan right now is to build a PC and install a BlueRay disc player. Just ordered a couple of Westerndigital 1 Terrabite 7200rpm bite HD's from newegg. Gonna Raid-0 them together and try my hand at downloading videos. I'm not a really big TV watcher, but I do enjoy the occassional movie classic or a good drama. Not into the He-man kind of action movies, but I do like the ole Clint Eastwood stuff and similar.

Anyhooo, here's the first pic from my new HTS TV. The cornwalls are paralleled together to form a single center channel. Got a 15" velodyne power sub in between the corns.

post-12381-1381946605923_thumb.jpg