Best Surround Speakers for RF-7's

Submarine

I'm looking for HT/Musical surrounds for a 30 x 30 Florida room. My in-ceiling Klipsch 8" reference coaxials just don't provide enough room fill. Good for direct music. In fact, too directional for HT sound reproduction in this room.

Klipsch's best surround speaker match for RF-7's? I was looking at RS-7's, then saw Klipsch has newer styles for surround design cabinets. Don't know if new ones would match better or are up to RS-7 build quality components.

I also found the Paradigm Signature ADP3 v2. Different beast, but one fine looking set of surrounds that does both music and HT very well.

Please add your favorite surround speaker choices for RF-7's. Large is fine. A dipole design, with both bi-directional HT reflective qualities and directional music qualities would probably be really good.

Thanks

Are your 62's mounted on the L/R walls, about even with the seats, with the horns facing front and back?

Multi-channel DVD-A, SACD and some redbook CD's in DTS, etc. have music demands that are much more than reflected HT surround sound. Yet, that reflected HT sound quality could work with additional high quality direct sound reproduction for multi-channel.

I read some guys have added a higher end EQ to Bose 901's connected only as surrounds. This flattens out their mid-range peak and adds boost/sparkle up on top. I may need something bigger like these if they have the potential to reproduce the sound quality for both HT and multi-channel music.

You can't have sparkle in a inefficient speaker with 9 full range drivers it just isn't going to happen. You wouldn't be able to do it with a receiver it could only work it if you had a preamp and amp so that the eq would feed the correct signals to those channels. You must have the Bose equalizer for the speakers to work correctly otherwise they will sound more terrible than they already do.

If you listen to music primarily you don't want RS-XX sound-sprayers in the rear you should have monopoles. I recommend some RB-75 or equivalent from the same era as the RF-7's.

If you listen to music primarily you don't want RS-XX sound-sprayers in the rear you should have monopoles. I recommend some RB-75 or equivalent from the same era as the RF-7's.

I agree completely unless you have several Listening Positions in the room that aren't in line with the rear horns...That being said, I sit in between my side surrounds and prefer my RF-3s to the RB-75s (barely) and both over my "B" surrounds which are RS-7s, for Multichannel music and converting 5.1 material into 7.1.
Fwiw, I think the Klipsch WDST models work best in 5.1 configurations or where there are multiple LP that aren't parallel to the surrounds.

I ran into an interesting article on 901's SPL's measured by a SLM across all frequency ranges with comments: http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-10518634_ITM

It seems that softer dry wall absorbs a great deal of high and mid range frequencies. The better reflective surfaces are harder like brick or tile, or heavy glass. For music, a full range matching Kilpsch appears to be best. With different HT seating positions, the 901's may be better. In my processor's set-up, I can adjust surround speaker's distance and default volume. The front of a Proceed AVP2 +6 has dedicated buttons to temporarily adjust default volumes and balance.

The Bose will never sound better in the rear with Klipsch up front. Move them to a 2-channel system. If you want echoey reflections in the rear get the matching RS-XX series speakers to match your front speakers. The Bose 901 Series VI is not a bad speaker but it requires far more power to reach the same dynamics the Klipsch are capable of with a handful of watts the most sophisticated processor in the world won't have enough adjustments to make them blend seamlessy with the front stage to achieve the proper system synergy. Ain't gonna happen.

If you have already convinced yourself to use them and they sound good to you that's great but you are preaching to Klipsch afficianados here. If anything get 4 more and run an all Bose 901 theater that is the only way to properly integrate them.

The reason I chose to ask " Klipsch afficianados" was exactly for that reason. Many here are much more tech oriented than me and also have many other audio/HT experiences. I respect these opinions and they are discussing surround options just as I hoped.

I'm leaning towards matching Klipsch ceiling mounted surrounds, although not in-ceiling matching surrounds for this particular application.

Appreciate all the discussion.