Stereophile Mag Says Palladium AOK!

russ69

• Moderators

Amy,

You have to watch all us guys AND keep the dealers in line? Beware the all-seeing eye of Cyclops.............

Thanx,

Russ

P.S. My new "toys" are being delivered tomorrow !

Don't worry, I do have another eye!

Where are the pics of your new toys!??!

• Moderators

This isn't the actual review, but sort of a sneak peek instead:

"Anyway, Wes loved the speaker. He "felt an intense emotional connection
to the music" with just about every recording he played. And isn't that
what this is all about? We strive to recreate an emotional response,
rather than recreate a live performance in our homes. At least, for
some of us, this is true."

Well said.

"felt an intense emotional connection to the music"

Indeed Ms. U, very well said yourself[;)] I have always felt that music is the tie that binds and why most of us are here[:D]

As I said in Hope upon hearing the P-39's the first time they will hold their own with the B&W, JM Labs of the world[Y]

All positive recognition is good for the entire Klipsch line[<:o)]

• Moderators

With regard to the comments about Stereophile, I agree with a lot of them, but I don't think it's wise to stereotype anything, even an audiophile magazine. As with any product, whether it's cars or speakers, when you have folks giving opinions about subjective elements you have to take everything with more than a grain of salt. Before everyone jumps on the bash Stereophile bandwagon I did want to point out a couple of things:

Sam Tellig is a regualr contributor to Stereophile and someone I have always found to give pretty accurate and useful information on products. He gave La Scalla II's an A RATING and BOUGHT THE DEMO PAIR for his house, and still has them. He added supertweeters to them and apparently loves them.

I can't remember off hand who reviewed the Blueberry Xtream preamp for Stereophile but they gave that preamp a B rating and stated that it sounded everybit as good as anything up to twice the price.

As much as I can't stand Fremer, I do find I am forced to read his self-promoting "Analog Corner" every month because he is someone who does feature new and different products related to vinyl more then anyone else in his business. The problem is you just can't trust anything he has to say about them. (He is the one who swears that a 3K Furtech vinyl demagnatizer really works)

As Dr. Larry mentioned, I have always liked the fact that Stereophile does test some of the products they evaluate and includes Atkinson's test data and discussion of that data along side the review. With my very, very limited technical knowledge I have been able to learn quite a lot by reading the comments of the test data, and comparing this data with other similar products. It is interesting to see that there is in fact obective test data you can see wide differences in, and, more importantly, cost does not always equate with better specs.

Congratulations to Klipsch on the review. Lest we forget, the readership of Stereophile is who Klipsch would be targeting when they came out with this product. Klipsch made it clear the Palladium was developed to compete in the high-end audio market. If the price point isn't a clue, I don't know what else would be. Whether we like it or not, I don't think there is another publication out there that is going to target this marker better then Stereophile. It will be great to see those cool Stereophile reprints of the article sitting out at stocking Palladium dealers and at the CEMA show in the fall.

Amy, as you well know, Stereophile has a manufacturer's response section in the back of the magizine where you get to respond and comment on the review. Sometimes the response is for the review in the same issue, which obviously means the manufacturer is sent an advance copy of the review and allowed to submit a response, and others give their response in a subsequent issue. I have not recieived this issue yet, so I don't know if Klipsch has a response in or not. If not, and you haven't done so I hope y'all get one in. It is a great opportunity to tie up loose ends, etc.

Travis

• Moderators

This part really cracked me up because I "have been there, done that":

Don't mention it to John Atkinson, who had to revise his measuring technique to accommodate this beautiful monster. We nearly broke our backs hoisting the speaker onto JA's rotating platform thingie. "One, two, three, and up!" And I felt the familiar tightness in my lower back and then the shooting pain from my *** to my thigh and I fought through it and we lifted and we lowered the speaker onto the wood blocks and in my mind I cursed like mad while I pretended that it didn't hurt at all. "That wasn't so bad."

John Atkinson, who had to revise his measuring technique to accommodate this beautiful monster. We nearly broke our backs hoisting the speaker onto JA's rotating platform thingie.

So, have you heard them? What do you think?

• Moderators

Amy, as you well know, Stereophile has a manufacturer's response section in the back of the magizine where you get to respond and comment on the review. Sometimes the response is for the review in the same issue, which obviously means the manufacturer is sent an advance copy of the review and allowed to submit a response, and others give their response in a subsequent issue. I have not recieived this issue yet, so I don't know if Klipsch has a response in or not. If not, and you haven't done so I hope y'all get one in. It is a great opportunity to tie up loose ends, etc.

We most certainly sent a response :)

After reading the review , they couldn't stop mentioning the location of the binding posts..They certainly didn't like it and I have always wondered as well what the reasoning was to put the binding posts on the bottom of the speaker. Esp. on a heavy speaker like the P-39.

As Dwilawyer pointed out, I went directly to the Manufacturer's Response section after reading the review and was stunned not to see a response from Klipsch. I'm glad I waited to post the oversight, for Amy has already informed us that they did indeed sent in a response.

Other than that, I surely need to take a Chart Reading 101 class so I can somewhat understand what they are talking about for we all know the proof is in the numbers, right??!!?? [;)]

Thanks

JJ