NFL Jersey Sizing

toddvj

So I got this gift certificate for NFLshops.com. I thought, since it's more or less free, I'd get an "authentic" football jersey. I usually wear XXL T-Shirts, and according to their sizing charts, that is about a 54.

However, in the jersey I want, the only sizes available are 52 or 56. Anybody have any personal experience with these jerseys, and which way I should go? I am 5'10 240lbs.

I'm already bulky enough. I'm actually down from 255 to 240, and plan to keep losing. I hate to buy clothes thinking that I'll "shrink into them," but at the same time I don't want it to be too huge if I get down to 180-190. On the other hand, I'll probably only wear it 6-7 times a year.

• Moderators

I'd go that way too, dtel. You can always bulk up a little more to make the shirt look good. Wink

I am a pro at bulking up, I can do it without even trying ! [:|] You did not say muscle, that's a whole different sport, never was good at that kind of bulking.

Hi Todd. Get the 56. I am 5'11 235lbs and the 56 is just right. I've got pretty wide shoulders too. I guess alot of it depends on your build....I also wear XXL....

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. I've got a pretty muscular build, just a lot of it is under a layer of fat right now. [:D]