Emotiva XPA 3, I got one

peshewah

It came today. I ordered it Saturday night, They did the paper work and shipped on Monday and was here today(Wednesday). It showed up without a mark on it. Packing was done right. Very heavy, supprised me. Hooked up without a problem. No hum coming from the speakers. It made my fronts and center come alive. The sound is sharp , tight, larger or a BIG sound and more seperated. The dialog came out like never has before. Even my lovely bride said it sounded BIG. I think she hates it. I will run YPAO tomarrow to see how it sounds. Then a RS spl meter and just play with it. I'm sure proud of my system.

I want to be the first one to say, that's awesome that you got one and that I'm glad you are happy with it. I've kept up with your posts on wanting a good 3-channel amp and after Tommyboy mentioned to me that an amp would make a noticeable upgrade in my sound, I started looking around. My budget doesn't allow for one right now but, I can still look right? Anyways have fun with it man and post pics when you get time.

Nice, that is awesome!! I have a yamaha receiver too, and was looking at the xpa-3 for my rf7's and rc7.....did the sound change? or did it just get fuller and bigger? i assume your running the surrounds off your receiver which is what i would do too...makes me wanna pull the trigger on one real bad...

• Moderators

Congrats on the purchase of your new toy. Glad you like it. The XPA-3 is what I have been looking at as well. It will be awhile before I purchase it thought. Have other priorities before the additional toys for the theater room. Definitely would love to see some pics of your setup. Have fun!

Thanks for reading my post. I played with it today and it sounds better the more I listen to it. My system was in need of something. Also, Nixonrsx, its hard to explain how it improved but if you order one, you have 30 days to play with it. If you don't like it, call them up and send it back.