In need of some RF-7's

MistaChy

.. so i would want the best fronts and the best sub i can get without spending 10,000 dollars

Let's back up, because we can spend as much of your money as you want. Wink What is your budget for a Home Theater?

I dont really have a budgett. but...... my room is pretty small. so small that i cant fit a king size bed in it if i want a dresser and a computer desk in the same room. BUTTTT i want to wreck this box with sound!! so im trying to go big. but not too big. I think ive made up my mind on the yamahas and the rf-83's, adding a quality sub should give me all the music blasting i desire im hoping. so now as i stated in the previous post... i want to configure this receiver for greatness. tell me what to do?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im refering to the best klipsch surround speakers that the yamaha can push without dieing. if you look at the connection chart... it has zoning. zone 2 and zone 3.... im not so sure what that is, but they look like speaker hookups. if i can put a speaker there, then i would like to. i just need to know the best/ and types of speakers i can configure this thing with and different types of configurations i can do with what klipsch has to offer.

unlessssssssss i wont have the power to run the speakers, and in that case ill have to go with a more powerful receiver that has the options that im needing... like blutooth and wifi and such.

.. so i would want the best fronts and the best sub i can get without spending 10,000 dollars

Let's back up, because we can spend as much of your money as you want. Wink What is your budget for a Home Theater?

I dont really have a budgett. but...... my room is pretty small. so small that i cant fit a kings size bed in it i want a dresser and a computer desk in the same room. BUTTTT i want to wreck this box with sound!! so im trying to go big. but not too big. I think ive made up my mind on the yamahas and the rf-83's, adding a quality sub should give me all the music blasting i desire im hoping. so now as i state in the previous post... i want to configure this receiver for greatness. tell me what to do?

Well I guess I should have asked the correct questions first, room size and money [*-)]

The RF 83 seems to be over kill for a room that small why not look into the RF 63?? They will do as good of a job with the sub taking care of the bass.

For the surround the RS 42 will be enough

I do not think that room can support a 7.1

The RF 83 seems to be over kill for a room that small why not look into the RF 63?? They will do as good of a job with the sub taking care of the bass.

For the surround the RS 42 will be enough

I do not think that room can support a 7.1

If i had a nick name..... it would beeee OVERKILL. If there were lounder more powerful fronts like tripple 10's then I'd probably be buying those... [6]

I wanted a 7.2 system where i could hook up 2 subs and have a 3rd heart beat every time i listened to music, but from the sound of it, (overkill) then the RF-83's seem like they will do the trick. I have 7.1 right now... let me show with these pics. no matter what i buy, ill make it work some how... just call me Overkill

left front

left front

right front

right front

center

center

all front

All front

right rear

All frontLeft rear

left rear

Right rear

all rear

All rear

im refering to the best klipsch surround speakers that the yamaha can push without dieing. if you look at the connection chart... it has zoning. zone 2 and zone 3.... im not so sure what that is, but they look like speaker hookups. if i can put a speaker there, then i would like to. i just need to know the best/ and types of speakers i can configure this thing with and different types of configurations i can do with what klipsch has to offer.

unlessssssssss i wont have the power to run the speakers, and in that case ill have to go with a more powerful receiver that has the options that im needing... like blutooth and wifi and such.

Right/ Left Front= RF 63/ RF 83

Center = RC 52 ok / RC 62 nice /RC 64 great

Right/ Left Surround = RS 42/ RS 52/ RS 62.

Right/ Left Surround back = RS 42( for small room)/ RB 61 / RB 81 (for large room)

Due to the room size my suggestion for your set up would be

RF 63/ RC 52 or 64/ RS 42 no need for a 7.1 but if you do get one then 4 RS 42.

Of course for the wow factor

RF 83/ RC 64/ RS 52 but it is over kill for you room

Here is mine thumb.aspx

The room is only 10x 14

i am very creative, i will make over kill fit. what about that zoning stuff? what speakers do i need to put for that to work?

You should not need to use the zone stuff unless you are planning on putting some speakers in a different room

The Zone 2 / presence speakers could be used if you wanted to add another set of speakers above the RF 83 to increase the sound stage.

i ll get some pictures of the back in a sec

• Moderators

IMO, overkill is not the issue. It's space and dynamics of your room. From what I can see, you are placing RF-83's in a bedroom. How big is the room? The RF-83's are extremely deep speakers and sound great but I personally do not think you are headed in the right direction.

If you want loud, get a solid pair of speakers (almost any of them will do for your size room) or even a great pair of bookshelf speakers (RB-75's or RB-81's) and hook up a Epik Conquest or SVS PB13 Ultra sub. It will be enough to threaten the integrity of your walls.

I personally have a Yamaha RX-V1800 driving my RF-83's, RC-64 and RB-35's and sending LFE to a Velodyne HGS15 sub. The Yamaha can drive them no problem. It's not in danger of shutting down or anything like that. Would it sound better with a separate amp driving the front three speakers, absolutely. Will the Yamaha put out enough power to make your ears bleed? Yep. Am I still planning on adding an Emotiva XPA-5 down the road? You betcha.

Forget about the different zones unless you want to run a pair of speakers to your neighbor to make sure he hears what you are hearing in your room.

IMO, overkill is not the issue. It's space and dynamics of your room. From what I can see, you are placing RF-83's in a bedroom. How big is the room? The RF-83's are extremely deep speakers and sound great but I personally do not think you are headed in the right direction.

If you want loud, get a solid pair of speakers (almost any of them will do for your size room) or even a great pair of bookshelf speakers (RB-75's or RB-81's) and hook up a Epik Conquest or SVS PB13 Ultra sub. It will be enough to threaten the integrity of your walls.

I personally have a Yamaha RX-V1800 driving my RF-83's, RC-64 and RB-35's and sending LFE to a Velodyne HGS15 sub. The Yamaha can drive them no problem. It's not in danger of shutting down or anything like that. Would it sound better with a separate amp driving the front three speakers, absolutely. Will the Yamaha put out enough power to make your ears bleed? Yep. Am I still planning on adding an Emotiva XPA-5 down the road? You betcha.

Forget about the different zones unless you want to run a pair of speakers to your neighbor to make sure he hears what you are hearing in your room.

will the RF-83's not be as loud as i need them to be? my ears should bleed right? if so, then thats really all i need... im sure the other stuff recommended will be great, but im sorta trying to be partial to klipsch and make it work. i realize the yamaha might not be the best for pushing current as a rotel would be but it has bells and wistles... like hd radio.

and why dont you have surround side speakers? is there a special reason your left them out?

Right/ Left Surround back = RS 42( for small room)/ RB 61 / RB 81 (for large room)

would the RB-51 work well for a not so large room as surround sound back? and how do i want to mount the rs-42's for surround side because its got spearkers on 2 sides...

• Moderators

will the RF-83's not be as loud as i need them to be?

The more clean power you feed them, the louder they will go. Let's just say they can do permanent damage.

and why dont you have surround side speakers? is there a special reason your left them out?

I installed wiring for 7.1 although currently I'm running a 5.1 system. I would like to purchase the RS-52 or RS-62 but I have four young children and am putting my wife through graduate school so funds for the theater room take a back seat to my family's needs. We have worked hard to get out of debt so I am only willing to purchase things that I can pay cash for and right now, cash is going towards more important things.

would the RB-51 work well for a not so large room as surround sound back? and how do i want to mount the rs-42's for surround side because its got spearkers on 2 sides...

Funny you asked that question.

I have tried different set up with another forum member and comes to find out, against all odds, that if you are going to do a 7.1 system in a small room you are better off with 4 WSDT speakers ( RS 42/52 or 62) instead of RS speakers for the sides and RB type for the rear.

For you room I would say stay with the RS type, if you go with the RB for the rear the sound will go right above head and you will be missing all the info

will the RF-83's not be as loud as i need them to be?

The more clean power you feed them, the louder they will go. Let's just say they can do permanent damage.

I installed wiring for 7.1 although currently I'm running a 5.1 system. I would like to purchase the RS-52 or RS-62 but I have four young children and am putting my wife through graduate school so funds for the theater room take a back seat to my family's needs. We have worked hard to get out of debt so I am only willing to purchase things that I can pay cash for and right now, cash is going towards more important things.

Well i have the rc-62 and pretty much decided that i am getting the rs-62, rb-61, rf-83, and rw-12d... my only hesitation is the receiver.

i was told that rotel 1550 would have the in your face power that i would want to push those speakers with, but its doesnt have any geek goodies. youthman... is there another stand alone receiver that has goodies and more power (current) than that yamaha RX-V3900 and has goodies like hd radio, bluetooth and sirius maybe?