LaScala AA crossovers

ST-2A3

This is not my first post, but, I have lost all the info on my original screen name. With that out of the way...

I have a pair of LaScala speakers, built in 1976.I was reading some archived threads regarding AA and A crossovers. In one of those threads, Daddy Dee said that you could reduce the level on the squawker, by using a different tap on the T2A autoformer. Now my question is, will this change the crossover freq. as someone else has suggested on another forum?

Another question I have is which is the better crossover? The AA or the A?

Thank you,

Robert

Electrically it would change the cross over frequency...but....accoustically it would not.

Reason being is that since the AA and A are gentle sloping xovers they have a very wide overlap and the klipsch effect has more to do with how the horns hi pass their portion of the audio spectrum they recieve.

Totally and completely subjective -- opinions are all over the map. I say if you listen at lower volume levels, you will probably prefer the Type A. If you like to lean on the volume a bit, you will probably prefer the AA.

• 6 months later...

Well in reply to my own post and reviving an older topic, I have rebuilt my crossovers, and converted them to Type A. I can't say what the improvement is due to, the new caps or the AA to A conversion. The end result is very pleasing to the ear...

Thanks again to all who answered my questions.

Robert