What's your favorite Radio Station

89.7 WTMD here in Towson, MD. The university station is close by so I get excellent reception and aside from a penchant for Coldplay, they have an exceptional selection of eclectic music for old farts like myself. Just yesterday, I heard Genesis' 'Supper's Ready' - a 12 minute progressive tome that I've only heard a handful of times on the radio and never on a commercial station. They are running a fund drive at the moment and have been counting down the top 897 artists over the last 2 weeks, playing a few selections from each artist. They've just gotten to #105 (coincidentally, Genesis) and are playing 'The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' as I'm writing this.

I tried various internet and digital stations through the SlimServer but the sound as quite compressed and flat so I'm stuck with analogue broadcasts until they run out. There's 5 or 6 decent stations in the area that play a nice mix - mostly jazz, blues and progressive rock but I've lost a couple of stations that switched to digital-only recently.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I listen to lots of radio.........but only in 2 places. The car.......as we have to drive a lot around the south as destinations are far, even locally. So that is the local FM and Atlanta FM radio stations. The other place is at home. No FM in my system. I use Sirius satellite radio into my system from my Dish receiver. Quality is fair to good......no excellent. But the variety is spectacular. These are my favorites: BB KIng's Blues, Watercolors smooth jazz, Frank Sinatra, GRATEFUL DEAD, 80s hair band, classic vinyl, deep classics, mellow rock, jam bands, classic jazz, outlaw country, 80s/90s country, Elvis, Margeritaville