Are Music Matters reissues the way to go?

I need opinions from jazz enthusiasts who listen primarily to vinyl...are the Music Matters 45rpm Blue Note reissues the way to go?

About a year ago I purchased a Thorens TD124, Ortofon SPU GME cartridge, and associated parts with the goal of improving my vinyl experience. Part of the motivation also was the release of the Music Matters reissues because my current rig does not easily allow for 45rpm playback. My job took precedent for a while but now I have time to return to this project and I am starting to set up the TD124.

Should I go down the road of collecting the Music Matters reissues, look for Japanese reissues, or some other vendors products? The easy answer is to just buy one, listen, and decide but I tend to "collect" then evaluate. So I'm hoping to get an informed opinion from someone who has already been down this path.

The rest of the system in the music path is a Tercel with Cream, a McIntosh C15 solid state preamp, a McIntosh MC225 tube amp, and Cornwalls with ALK crossovers.

Many thanks for your advice.

I'm suprised Charles that our crack team of well-learned jazz affaciandos hasn't checked in yet. Sometimes in summer people are on the move or spend less time here.

Let's bump this back up top and see if anyone stops by. If not, check out the "Jazz Right This Minute" thread and pm or email a couple of those guys. I''m sure they will help you out.

I love all the blue note MM reissues!!! but they tend to get pricey ....I have about 100 japanese reissues that sound almost ( 95%) as good, some better. I also have quite a few 1st/2nd edition blue note, prestige, colombia issues that are the bomb, but they are hard to come buy and very expensive!!!

If there are titles on the AP/MM reissues that you want, I would not hesitate, they sell out quickly!

Not just the Blue note series but the fantasy 45 series is amazing also.....

A bit of good news if you are on the fence about signing up for this subscription. I did so last night and Music Matters will be able to supply me with copies of all the reissues, even the ones that show as out of print on their website. No need to search thru the auction sites for the earlier issues.