WORST subwoofer out there:

kenratboy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CharlieTuna:

YOU WILL NOT GET AN ORDER CONFORMATION UNLESS THEY CALL TO TELL YOU THEY ARE SOLD OUT OR HAVE A PROBLEM.

You need to call them today and they will tell you what is going on. They are true professionals and will go all out to help you. Call them today or tomarrow, once your order is placed, you should be good to go. It is also very important to get in touch with the shipper (the JBL folks will tell you the details) as it comes on a pallet and they probably will not leave it in your driveway. I am a big guy 6'6, 220 pounds, and I had a lot of difficulty moving the sub, so if it needs to go up or down stairs, got help! I had a dolly wo move it, so it was OK for me, and it's on the first floor! Although it is well built, dropping it could break the enclosure, I have also heard that the shipping companies have broken the enclosure in transit, its just wrapped in cardpoard, no moisture bag or anything!

Good luck and enjoy!

P.S. Do you have your amp situation worked out, remember it is 4 ohms!

krb,

I did call JBL this morning at the main (818) number and was transferred twice to an answering machine and left a message. I also sent an email to the sales department. The first person I spoke to could not find anything with my name associated with it. I was told that no response was negative. I will try again and keep all posted. If you have any advice, I'm listening.

I will order the recommended amp from PartsExpressed as soon as I know I'm gonna get one.

Thanks for the help,

CT

------------------

=====================================

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

Thats too bad, I had great luck with them. Just make sure to tell em' what you want. I would try again tomarrow, if nothing improves, ask to get your order retaken over the phone or ask for a manager. The people I talked to had a lot of confidence and got my questions taken care of. I had to leave a message once and the guy called me back in 20 minuites and solved my problem.

I don't know WHY they would tell you no respoce would be negative, I NEVER got an e-mail or phone call confirming mt order and I got the conformation over the phone.

Keep prying, they either have your data in the computer or not, so if your order didn't make it, have someone take it over the phone.

Good luck!

Ok, here's the scoop.

I just got off the phone with Margret Vono (800-852-5776) at JBL. She was quite courteous and answered all my questions.

My order was processed today (yipeee!!!) and will ship tomorrow. Shipping info (carrier, tracking, etc.) is not available, since (I think) orders are processed and delivered through different distribution centers and a few different carriers (UPS, DHL, etc.) are used. She did note that the carriers are given your phone numbers (not sure how USEFUL this is gonna be if you're not home in the first place OR they call you from your front door). Since these are commercial carriers, there will be delivery re-attempts (thank God). She did re-iterate that you will be contacted if there is an order problem.

So, anyone interested should order NOW and give them a day to process your request.

Good luck.

CT

Now, off to PartsExpress to order that amp...

------------------

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

FANTASTIC!!!

I had my sub delivered by Motor Cargo and they were nice. They came on a Friday, but didn't have the sub in the truck! They were back on Monday and all was well.

Especially at 4 ohms, that partsexpress.com amp should be more than ample. Mine, with 8 ohms, is putting out 180 watts, yours will be at 250 watts. I am a bass head and have NO intentions of upgrading.

Parts Express is as good as JBL, they are quick and fair, no fast talking to cover their asses.

Well, make sure to tell us all about the new subwoofer. Put it in as a new thread, as I'm sure there will be more than a few posts. I hope you enjoy it!

quote:

Originally posted by kenratboy:

OHHHHHHHHHHHH!

You haven't heard of my JBL sub.

It is a professional movie theater bass unit. It has 2, 15" woofers, JBL's best, they cost $350 each. The cabinet weights over 150 pounds and is 48" X 25" X 18". It usually sells for over $1000. I got it cheap because the cinema market is DEAD and JBL is closing them out at over 80% off. It is the real deal, has the 5-year warranty, and is not stolen, its from JBL in Northridge.

Anyway, it is very sensitive (about 100db @ 1 watt @ 1 meter) and can handle 2400 watts. It can play ANY bass signal loud and very clean (maybe TOO clean for movies, it doesn't rumble, it stays faithful to the origional sound)

I love it. JBL is selling a slightly less powerful version on their Tent Sale for $4 less than mine. I hope some Klipsch fans get some before JBL freaks (sort of like me) get them all.

I saw your sub at Costco and almost bought it, then I remembered I was moving to London in two weeks and it was a little large to take to the Airport with me! All my stuff was already on a ship to England. Isn't the SW15 a copy of the Atlantic Technology 15" subs, if it is, GOOD, that means you have somthing that was engineered with a lot of money and thought!

Enjoy the sub, big woofers are KING!!!

I've never heard or seen an Atlantic sub, but I'm happy with my purchase. People on Audioreview seem to agree with me also. Enjoy your JBL!

------------------

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"

I plan on buying a RSW 12 or 15 soon. Is that a smart choice for the money? I can get it for 40% off.

Thanks

------------------

My first setup

Fronts----KLF 30's

Center----RC-3 II

Receiver--JVC RX-9010V

Rears-----Quintets

Sub-------RSW 12 soon!

TV--Panasonic tau 32 HDTV

DVD------XBOX, Sad I know

Not to bad for my bedroom

Those JBL Woofer cabinets are selling there on that tent sale for about what theyre worth. JBL has always been overpriced Dint ever pay full retail for sure.

And the Worst subs for the money next to bose naturally is none other than any in the sunflower line.

------------------

go forth & hump the world

Canada eh?

Well Seb, I would call JBL, they will be able to give you the info. There will be a shipping fee (none in the lower 48) and there COULD be a import tax. Not trying to scare you, but call JBl and ask.

If you have any friends in the USA, ship it to them and *** it back into Canada.

Good luck, get em' while they last.

Kenratboy and Mike,

I feel sorry for poor ole ForrestDump,he is still on heavy medication! He will fart as loud as he can to provoke.

As any audiophile and person with basic knowledge will tell JBL is a leader in driver and speaker construction.JBL is often copied(can you say TAD...)and they manufacture some of the very best large subs and speakers on the market.

For the asking price you got your JBL's they are a STEAL.And the best value

Mike,the troll is back,and he is not following the doc's orders.Bad

Now ForrestLump,my tiny Sunflowers combined burry you and your sub six feet under.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

quote:

Originally posted by Schmidty:

I plan on buying a RSW 12 or 15 soon. Is that a smart choice for the money? I can get it for 40% off.

Thanks

If you can get either for 40% off, go with the RSW15. Hell, 40% off any new klipsch item is a steal.

------------------

My hodge-podge of equipment

Denon AVR-2800

KG-4 mains (too bad the rest of my speakers aren't this good)

Polk C-175 center (it's ok)

Infinity RS-10 Surrounds (suck)

Audiosource SW-15 subwoofer (excellent sub for it's price)

Pioneer DV333 DVD

Sony 5 disc CD player

All in a 12x12 apartment bedroom.

"What?! I can't hear you!"