klipsch image x10 from amazon.com

naddy

Hi Amy and Professor Thump,

I just received my image x10 earphones from authorized dealer amazon.com. However, the packaging still says just Image and not Image X10? Does this mean this is an earlier version of the image x10 earphones? I have read that the earlier versions had issues with the strain relief splitting on the cables and that klipsch started using an updated cable on newer versions to address this problem. So my question is do all the image x10 earphones come with packaging that just states Image and not Image X10 or does this signify an earlier version of the image x10 earphones? And if it is an earlier version, should I return them and request the newest version with the updated cable? Also, I have heard that the x10s now come with a shirt clip, the package contents on the box I received does not show a shirt clip included, do they now come with a shirt clip?

Thanks for the support!

Hi Naddy,

Thank you for supporting Klipsch Headphones!

The only thing that has changed is the box artwork. The cable has never changed to date. When we added X5 we added the X10 name to the original Image. As far as the cables are concerned there is a very small percentage of people that have issues with the cable. This is due to their oils making the jacket stiff.

We back up our 2 year warranty eitherway so please don't worry.

Hmmmm.... Can I suggest you use your wife's expensive face cream every night. That should smooth things out. Oh and you can try that on your headphones too. [;)]

Warm water and a mild soap mix on the cable and tail (flexible parts) should help keep the surface clean. And if you don't was your face you should try that also.

Thanks and Enjoy!

Hi Naddy,

Thank you for supporting Klipsch Headphones!

The only thing that has changed is the box artwork. The cable has never changed to date. When we added X5 we added the X10 name to the original Image. As far as the cables are concerned there is a very small percentage of people that have issues with the cable. This is due to their oils making the jacket stiff.

We back up our 2 year warranty eitherway so please don't worry.

So what about the ones that came out of the box stiff and kinked?

• 5 weeks later...

What is this Shirt Clip business? I want one.

I think the soon to be released Image S4i come with a shrit clip?

But what you really want is the as of yet unnanounced Image X10i. I'm not sure there are any plans to produce it but maybe we should start some rumors... not sure what it'd take. At least a different cable with the little controll tube with an Apple chip and microphone built in?

Maybe the good Professor Thump is slaving away as we yearn for Image X10i. (not me, no iPhone and I have a decidedly retro Creative Labs zen xTra mp3 player).